Hop on/Hop Off in Vancouver

My husband and I will be in Vancouver for 2 days prior to our cruise in July. We would like to do a hop on/hop off tour the first day. I know we will want to hop off at the aquarium and Granville Island, then hop on a later bus. We will be there on a Thursday/Friday, so hopefully it will be less crowded than a weekend.

What HOHO service do you recommend? I know they have the trolley as well as a few of the big buses. My concern is finding one that will stop frequently as well as making sure that there will be space to hop back on a later bus or trolley.

My husband and I will be in Vancouver for 2 days prior to our cruise in July. We would like to do a hop on/hop off tour the first day. I know we will want to hop off at the aquarium and Granville Island, then hop on a later bus. We will be there on a Thursday/Friday, so hopefully it will be less crowded than a weekend.

What HOHO service do you recommend? I know they have the trolley as well as a few of the big buses. My concern is finding one that will stop frequently as well as making sure that there will be space to hop back on a later bus or trolley.

We used the trolley style one when we were there 3 years ago- was easy to use and convenient, didn't have troubles finding space when we wanted to hop on later

Vancouver has at least 4 HOHO services operating during the summer. However, the Vancouver Trolley operates all year round, is the pioneer HOHO service and is the only one that offers live narration. If you check their website you will find some great deals for two day tickets.

Thanks, putterdude. If the weather is nice, we plan to take the free shuttle to Capilano Suspension Bridge in the morning before our cruise. We were also interested in seeing the fish hatchery while we're over there. Is it within walking distance from the bridge?

Yes it is, but it is in the range of 2 to 3 kms. You walk about 1 km uphill to the entrance of the hatchery park then it is about 2 kms down to the hatchery from there. There is no shuttle or bus service from the hatchery to park entrance and it is bit up hill.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a Groupon for the Vancouver HOHO Big Bus today which has a two day ticket for two for $39 or a two day ticket for 4 for $75 (Canadian $ which is slightly less than American $). LOve my Groupons! :)

Archived