Pleased with customer service (shocking to some)

katgirl5

This past Tues. evening, I noticed a price drop on my May sailing and called to upgrade from a balcony to a grand suite. Total phone time with Carnival = less than 15 minutes.

This morning I called to change from one cabin to another because the one I wanted wasn't available the other day. Total phone time with Carnival = less than 5 minutes.

Was I just lucky or are they improving customer service?

I'm not surprised at all. It seems to be more fun for some people to complain. I too was on the phone with generic CCL representative a couple days ago... upgraded, prepaid tips and learned how to get last minute booking from him very cheaply so that I can make platinum this year. He said I was so much fun to talk to that he got a little something extra for my cruise mate as a bonus. Hint was priceless... will let others know later if it works for me.

I have called probably 15 times over the last year for different reasons and mostly had great service. I didn't always get an answer - at times got told the wrong answer but I never hung up with negative feelings.

This past Tues. evening, I noticed a price drop on my May sailing and called to upgrade from a balcony to a grand suite. Total phone time with Carnival = less than 15 minutes.

This morning I called to change from one cabin to another because the one I wanted wasn't available the other day. Total phone time with Carnival = less than 5 minutes.

Was I just lucky or are they improving customer service?

Me too. I called & changed rooms Sunday. No big wait & the gentleman on the phone was delightful. Less than 5 minutes too. :p

I've called twice in the last 7 days for price drops and had short wait times in both cases. The people I spoke with were pleasant, friendly, and did exactly what I needed without issue or error. No complaints! I was pleasantly surprised, too, after all I'd read here recently.

I have called probably 15 times over the last year for different reasons and mostly had great service. I didn't always get an answer - at times got told the wrong answer but I never hung up with negative feelings.

I don't consider it good customer service if they can't answer my question or tell me something that's incorrect. Guess that's just me though...:rolleyes:

That being said, with the exception of the variety of issues I've had with them in the past few weeks, I always got good service before that. But if I'm told something that's incorrect or they can't give me an answer, I consider that pretty terrible customer service.

Once again, I have never had anything but good customer service from Carnival. Good customer service from Carnival is the norm, I'm surprised if they don't provide that. I believe there are a couple of vocal people here on these forums who try to say that they've gotten bad service, but that's not normal. I would believe more that these people are being unreasonable, and making unreasonable requests, perhaps starting to yell at agents who then may be less willing to help the caller out. It's possible these people are making up their stories, too.

ive called several times in the last couple of weeks. once for a room upgrade due to the price drops, once to see if I could get a refund due to more price drops, once to cancel my post-cruise transfer and once for a website issue. total call time for all calls was over 2.5 hours, mostly hold times but I learned so much from the "infomercial" that was playing that I was spouting it off to all of my coworkers for days and didn't mind at all. all 4 times I had great service and responses. no complaints at all. people just need something to complain about and know they have an audience here.

I don't consider it good customer service if they can't answer my question or tell me something that's incorrect. Guess that's just me though...:rolleyes:

That's why I put "mostly" good service. I think it was one call that they mis-informed me of something and it was when the new rate structures came out and they were trying to figure out if Easy Saver could be price matched to Early Saver. Everyone was always kind to me so I had no complaints but yes - accurate information would have made my answer say ALWAYS great service.

I had terrible service just last night.

Was on the phone for 13 minutes before I got a human.

She seemed friendly but she kept trying to get me to hang up.

She said that the solutions dept would not answer.

I was on hold most of the time.

Then I was disconnected.

I had been on the phone with carnival for an hour and 13 minutes.

It was DHs birthday so I called back today.

Had to talk to three people, but got things handled finally.

I have been waiting for my credit to be adjusted after they adjusted the price but not the OBC its been a week this past Tuesday. So on Monday I tried calling - went through the menu and after listening to a voice message it told me to send my request via email and hung up on me. So I sent an email request Monday, got the auto response that I will have a reply within 42-72 hours. Well we have past our 72 hours. I have a great PVP and didn't really want to call her for this but I am thinking I should.

I can't say anything about their service since I haven't had any service. Thinking they may need more people. Well I have 30 days to get it fixed :) Will try calling tomorrow

I have been waiting for my credit to be adjusted after they adjusted the price but not the OBC its been a week this past Tuesday. So on Monday I tried calling - went through the menu and after listening to a voice message it told me to send my request via email and hung up on me. So I sent an email request Monday, got the auto response that I will have a reply within 42-72 hours. Well we have past our 72 hours. I have a great PVP and didn't really want to call her for this but I am thinking I should.

I can't say anything about their service since I haven't had any service. Thinking they may need more people. Well I have 30 days to get it fixed :) Will try calling tomorrow

Call your pvp.

It is not worth the stress.

Seriously.

Archived