Football/Olympic stadium in Rome

PAMJP

We will be visiting Rome in late September and my husband is interested in seeing where Lazio play football and the Olympic stadium. We are travelling to Rome On train from our cruise port stop, with a ship on your own tour. I believe the private charter train transfer takes us close to the Vatican. Has anyone any idea how we can see these 2 stadiums, is it walkable - we don't mind an hour or so walk - and is it worth it? Perhaps we should take a bus, if so which one? I would like to see the gardens, we have been to Rome before so were looking for something different. Any ideas?Thanks for any help.

I know nothing about this topic on my own, but curiosity led me to find this article. It seems to indicate that Lazio plays in the Stadio Olimpico so it would not be 2 stadiums you would need to visit. But perhaps the article is out of date??? Anyway... it looks like it might be walkable from the Vatican if you were so inclined to spend the time doing so. The article says it's 4km (2.5 miles) north of the Vatican and provides options on how to get there.

[url]http://www.stadiumguide.com/olimpico/[/url]

[quote name='MeHeartCruising']I know nothing about this topic on my own, but curiosity led me to find this article. It seems to indicate that Lazio plays in the Stadio Olimpico so it would not be 2 stadiums you would need to visit. But perhaps the article is out of date??? Anyway... it looks like it might be walkable from the Vatican if you were so inclined to spend the time doing so. The article says it's 4km (2.5 miles) north of the Vatican and provides options on how to get there.

[URL]http://www.stadiumguide.com/olimpico/[/URL][/quote]
Many thanks for your reply, it was useful and I found another site which for approx 15 euros we could take a taxi from rail station, this we will probably do. Once again thank you for your help.

[quote name='D4']We've ridden a bus that goes right by it (the 271 I think.). It's too far to walk there.[/quote]
Thank you for your reply also, as I mentioned above I think we will get a taxi up to the stadium. Once again thanks

Archived