GTY shown on other sites, but not RoyalCaribbean?

Does it happen that Royal will open a GTY category for other websites (expedia?), but not show that category open on their own website?

I've seen it happen that way with two cruises I've been watching. One is the Jewel on 4/8.

I have been watching the Allure June 2 cruise. A big travel agency had balcony guarantees yesterday for a discounted price but they were not coming up on Royal's site. I didn't call RCCL about it, so I have no clue what's going on.

Actually, the strange thing is that when you search for the cruise (Jewel, 4/8) it will show the $299 starting rate. But, when you select it and go through the booking process the gty rate doesn't show.

I bet it would be there if I called . . . . I'm already booked, but if my friend could get on board for < $500 for 5 nights, that would be great.

Yeah, but the rate is showing on the RCCL site if you search for this cruise. Just not when you select the cabin type. Seems like Royal is playing the games, here.... List the cruise at $299, but only show $799 when you get it to book it!

Funny...

Yeah, but the rate is showing on the RCCL site if you search for this cruise. Just not when you select the cabin type. Seems like Royal is playing the games, here.... List the cruise at $299, but only show $799 when you get it to book it!

Funny...

Possibly, but I think it's more likely to be a website programming error. I've seen that error many times before, and sometimes the other direction, i.e., you select the cabin and the rate shows lower.

I agree to the programming error. Drives me crazy.

Just wish the rates listed *outside* of the category selection actually matched the rates listed *inside* the category selection part of the booking engine.

That is exactly what I saw on the Allure June 2 cruise. They have balcony cabins for $1199 and then when you go to book they are not an option. But then on the other site (know better than to name) the balcony guarantee is available.

You would think a company the size of RCCL would be able to get their programming problems resolved.

Funny...

The same thing is going on with my Majesty cruise later this month, much lower price not showing up on cabin selection page. When I called to question it the rep did offer me a oceanview GTY at no cost, but I turned it down as there aren't many good outside cabins left and I really like the location of my current inside room. I was really hoping the prices had all come down so I could switch to the SOV rooms but that wasn't the case!

I'm hoping they keep lowering the prices, there was already a price drop earlier this week and there are still quite a bit of cabins left.

If you call they will more than likely tell you that there is GTY rate available...

Archived