San Francisco Pier 35 Parking Question

hawgwildterry

Doing the Dawn out of San Francisco headed for Mexico this fall. Is there parking available at Pier 35 or anywhere close? Is so, what is the cost?

I got ya covered!!:D

You can't park right at the pier, but there is great parking at 55 Francisco St. It is literally a 3 miniute walk to pier 35.

Their phone# is 415-398-0208

We parked there last Nov. when we sailed on the Sapphire Princess, and will be parking there again this Dec. when we will be going on the Dawn (Dec. 10)

You can drop your luggage off with a porter (it's a zoo) and then go park OR if you don't have to much luggage, you can park and then walk with your luggage right over to the pier.

They will tell you that they don't take reservations (talk to Willie if he's there) but I left them my name and time of arrival anyway. We arrived early, around 10:30am and got a great spot on the ground floor. I believe that the cost was $132 (CASH when you park)

Have a great cruise...Jeanne...mrscruisequeen

Jeanne is quite right. We've parked there three times and wheeled our luggage the block and a half to the terminal. Much easier to park first if your luggage is mobile and avoid the congestion of cars at the terminal entrance. Nancy

You can't park right at the pier, but there is great parking at 55 Francisco St. It is literally a 3 miniute walk to pier 35.

I have also used. Very easy and very close. It is also my strong advise that if you can manage at all to just unload your luggage at the parking building and roll it across to the Pier entrance. Even trying to stop to unload luggage or passengers in front of the pier is a MAJOR hassle. Walking across is a snap. You will see what we mean when you arrive...

mrscruisequeen we will be on the dawn also for dec 10. we always park at that garage also.

do you know if there is a roll-call for this cruise yet?

christina and larry from chico, ca:)

Haven't checked to see if there is a roll call yet. We are leaving on June24 to fly to Ft. Lauderdale to sail on the 25th aboard the Caribbean Princess, so have been concentrating on that lately.

After the Dec. Dawn cruise we will finally make elite:p

Jeanne & Ed...Grass Valley, Ca.

Jeanne,

Thank you and the rest of the CC group for great information about parking at Pier 35 in San Francisco. Also, to answer your question about the Harley in the photo. It’s a 2002 Ultra Classic and the photo was taken by my daughter as my wife and I were on our way to the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota last year. Our daughter is a Washington State Patrol Trooper and we were able to contact her using our CB radio and met her in the median on I-5. To say the least we turned a lot of heads from passing motorists as she was taking our picture.

We are going up to San Francisco a couple days early. Does 55th street let you leave the car there for extra days before the cruise?

This is a regular parking garage, so I'm sure that you can park there anytime, but with much more expensive rates than they give the people going on the cruise.

Please note....it's NOT 55th street....but 55 FRANCISCO STREET.

Jeanne

Jeanne,

Thank you and the rest of the CC group for great information about parking at Pier 35 in San Francisco. Also, to answer your question about the Harley in the photo. It’s a 2002 Ultra Classic and the photo was taken by my daughter as my wife and I were on our way to the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota last year. Our daughter is a Washington State Patrol Trooper and we were able to contact her using our CB radio and met her in the median on I-5. To say the least we turned a lot of heads from passing motorists as she was taking our picture.

How cool!! My DH, Ed, has been wanting to go to Sturgis for a few years. How was it?

We have to fly to Chicago in September for our grandsons Basic Training graduation from Great Lakes.

We will drive to Mall of America in Mn. for a few days to shop (after all, it's ONLY 400 miles)

From there we will probably go to Sturgis for a quick visit...

Jeanne & Ed (Thunderbutt)

Strugis is all that you have read and heard about and then some. I have been twice and will be going back in 2006. I'm not sure that you will see much if you are there in September. The town starts to transform towards the end of July and a week after the rally which is the first week of August you would never know that anything had been there. If you are interested in looking at the Sturgis web cam I have included the link: http://rally.sturgis.sd.us/ Once at the website just click on 'Live Web Cams'.

Strugis is all that you have read and heard about and then some. I have been twice and will be going back in 2006. I'm not sure that you will see much if you are there in September. The town starts to transform towards the end of July and a week after the rally which is the first week of August you would never know that anything had been there. If you are interested in looking at the Sturgis web cam I have included the link: http://rally.sturgis.sd.us/ Once at the website just click on 'Live Web Cams'.

Thanks for the info....he wants to see Sturgis just to say he's been there. I'm sort of against him going all that way on the bike (I'm a worry wart!!) but he still might do it in Aug. If not maybe next year..

Have fun on your cruise.

Jeanne

• 8 years later...
I got ya covered!!:D

We parked there last Nov. when we sailed on the Sapphire Princess, and will be parking there again this Dec. when we will be going on the Dawn (Dec. 10)

You can drop your luggage off with a porter (it's a zoo) and then go park OR if you don't have to much luggage, you can park and then walk with your luggage right over to the pier.

They will tell you that they don't take reservations (talk to Willie if he's there) but I left them my name and time of arrival anyway. We arrived early, around 10:30am and got a great spot on the ground floor. I believe that the cost was $132 (CASH when you park)

Have a great cruise...Jeanne...mrscruisequeen

I realize this is an old thread but is this the parking company?

It appears that they allow reservations now.

http://www.55francisco.com/

Edited by kath00

I realize this is an old thread but is this the parking company?

It appears that they allow reservations now.

http://www.55francisco.com/

Yes, it is the place, and as for my own experience, the perfect place to park your car during a cruise out of Pier 35. They do take reservations...even recommend it. They also will take your credit card number if you just want to pay and reserve ahead of time. Go up to the gate (it's a covered multi-level garage), tell them your name and they immediately tell you where to park. We always get a nice out of the way spot on the ground floor to the right. Easy in--easy out. Very nice business.

I parked across the street at 80 Francisco. It is 16 dollars per day. Phone number 415-398-4162. They take reservations.

The process is when you show up you tell them that you are parking for the cruise terminal. They will check the reservation sheet. The long term cruise parking is on the roof of the garage. Someone there will tell you where to park. They will give you a green ticket to go along with the one you got when you entered the garage. You need to keep both (the green one gets you your discount rate, the other identifies the amount of time you have been parked).

You do not have to give them a credit card when you reserve, only your name and type of car. You pay when you leave.

I used them this last week (was on an 11 day Alaska cruise). Worked great will use them again in the future.

Edited by RDC1