Disembarking in Quebec City

blair66

I am gong to be on the Boston to Quebec city root in June. The ship is scheduled to be docked on Friday in the City and then we disembark on the Saturday. As the ship is already in port could we walk off around 5am on Saturday to make an early morning flight? It list 7am as the docking time however i assume that we stay in place overnight as there is no departure time listed for Friday.

Also, do we have to go through customs on the Saturday as we have already entered Canada a few ports earlier?

Thank you from a newbie

Also, do we have to go through customs on the Saturday as we have already entered Canada a few ports earlier?

You will clear Immigration when you enter Canada; Customs will be cleared when you disembark.

I am sure you can make arrangements to disembark the ship the day before scheduled, but that won't help for what you want to do.

I don't know if you can disembark at 5:00 AM, but very much doubt it. Prior arrangements would have to be made for the Customs officials to be there ready to process you through.

Frankly, I don't see that happening.

If I were you, I would contact Seattle to see if those arrangements can be made. They would need time to set it up. If so, then you would need to confirm the arrangements once you are on the ship.

You will clear Immigration when you enter Canada; Customs will be cleared when you disembark.

I am sure you can make arrangements to disembark the ship the day before scheduled, but that won't help for what you want to do.

I don't know if you can disembark at 5:00 AM, but very much doubt it. Prior arrangements would have to be made for the Customs officials to be there ready to process you through.

Frankly, I don't see that happening.

If I were you, I would contact Seattle to see if those arrangements can be made. They would need time to set it up. If so, then you would need to confirm the arrangements once you are on the ship.

Thank you, I figured it would be too easy if i could do this. Ill just have to book a latter fight, trying so save a few dollars by taking an earlier one. If i have to disembark on Friday and book a hotel for the night I'm not coming out ahead.

We did a similar cruise on Princess in October 2009. The ship arrived in Quebec City the night before.

I don't know the exact time we left the ship, but we did indeed disembark very early (we got up at 4am) and were on the train to Montreal before 6am. Nobody else was leaving the ship that early.

We didn't make any special arrangements. However when we got on the ship we asked the front desk if it would be a problem. We did self disembarkation.

Archived