Deciding between 2

Ok I am the aunt and planning on taking my neice & nephew (7/9) on their 1st cruise. This is for April 2014 and will be booking 2 connecting promenede cabins. I've always had a balcony or suite, but just cannot justify the price for a shorter cruise. Appreciate some input on the following:

Adventure of the seas (4nt Bahamas) OR Liberty of the seas (5nt Labadee/Jamaica) ... and why? The price difference between the two would be roughly $800 (more to go on Liberty). The ports are not an issue, I've been to them all before.

And for those that have stayed in a promenede cabin, I'd love to know how you did. I have some concerns being inside for the first time ever.

This is highly subjective and a personal decision... but for me.

1. Liberty over Adventure: Love the Freedom Class, and the Navigator class is good but not as good as Freedom Class

2. Promenade Staterooms are a good compromise for inside cabins since you have the promenade view which is not as good as an ocean view (balcony) but better than a wall.

3. Although you said the ports don't matter... the Bahamas are one of my least favorite ports.

4. Your niece and nephew (you did not mention ages) will have more activity choices on Liberty.

Hope this helps.

RA

I am looking at the same boats! I like the adventure for a couple of reasons. The bahamas cruise will be the first after drydock. It will be updated and super clean! This cruise is wed-sun vs mon-sat thus less work to miss. I also am not crazy about jamaica with the kids. Both cruises have private island stops so that is a plus. I also love the prices on adventure. I also looked at the liberty 5 day to belize and cozumel and it was even more expensive! Our last rcl cruise was on the jewel, so both ships will have more to do. For me it is a matter of the flowrider! But is that worth alot more money? I am still on the fence but if i have to take a week off then i want a 7 day cruise!

Archived