Sunshine Deck Plans - similar to which other ships?

ajtaylor29

I've only been on 2 cruises so far - Conquest and Freedom (loved both cruises!) and since they're both conquest-class ships, the layouts were very similar. We're looking at trying the new Sunshine next spring out of New Orleans, so i've been looking at all the information on the new ship.

The layout seems a LOT different than the conquest class, so i'm just wondering if this is similar to other current Carnival ships and if so - which ones?

It looked very choppy to me. Cabins on the promenade deck? Disco on the 4th deck?

Maybe it's fine! I guess because i'm familiar with my 2 ships layout, that seems normal to me and in looking at the Sunshine it seems odd?!?!

yes, i realize it isn't really "new", just remodeled. That doesn't mean it won't be a great ship?!? It looks like along with more cabins they are also adding more public spaces.

For every negative comment i've seen about the "old" Destiny, i've read a positive one from someone else!!! SO - i'm still deciding.

The big advantage to me is that NO is pretty convenient for us since we can drive to that port instead of flying. We enjoyed sailing out of there last year on the Conquest.

Sunshine uses Destiny's "shell", with extra cabins crammed into former public spaces and Fun Ship 2.0 places added in. For example, the aft theater and the outside spaces on the Sun deck were turned into cabins, and the aft pool on the Lido deck was turned into Cucina di Capitano. Things like that. The decor, however, is more similar to Breeze than anything else. I've seen photos; pretty nice, actually. If you go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/CL-Carnival.php, you can see deck plans of both ships.

I read on here that Triumph and Victory are supposed to be get the Sunshine treatment next. Hopefully they'll get some kind of stuctural modifications, and not just lose public spaces.

Like no other ship. I will be discovering it and posting lots of pictures next month. :)

Please hurry and go on your cruise next month!!!! :D DH and I are booked on the Sunshine but not leaving until March of next year (ugh)! Would love to read your review and see the photos. Have a wonderful and blessed trip!

Like no other ship. I will be discovering it and posting lots of pictures next month. :)

I'm looking forward to your pictures! So glad you were able to rebook for May when the April cruise was cancelled. We're going June 16...and I was planning on your pictures and posts to get me through!! You do an amazing job.

I will be looking forward to your review!!

I'm looking forward to your pictures! So glad you were able to rebook for May when the April cruise was cancelled. We're going June 16...and I was planning on your pictures and posts to get me through!! You do an amazing job.

Thank you!

I accept the challenge!

Woohoo, with Sarge and AtoZgirl taking so many pics, it'll be like this ship has been around since 1995 ;) couldn't resist.

I'm not worried about crowding. I've seen people talk about crowding on Conquest class ships, but I didn't notice that on Freedom at all. And it seems like Carnival is trying to spread people out across more of the ship instead of having everyone in one or two areas.

I sort of wish that I'd be on Sunshine for a less port-intensive cruise so I could experience more of the ship itself because it all seems very exciting. Unfortunately, NOLA is one of the more expensive cruise ports for us to fly to.

I read on here that Triumph and Victory are supposed to be get the Sunshine treatment next. Hopefully they'll get some kind of stuctural modifications, and not just lose public spaces.

That was only speculation from a CC member. Carnival hasn't mentioned doing it to any of their other ships yet.

I sort of wish that I'd be on Sunshine for a less port-intensive cruise so I could experience more of the ship itself because it all seems very exciting. Unfortunately, NOLA is one of the more expensive cruise ports for us to fly to.

European cruises are port intensive. Maybe if they didn't put so many countries so close together? :D

Flying to NOLA is bound to be less expensive than flying to Europe? If you do a b2b out of NOLA, the airfare is, like half-price per cruise! :D

Archived