SAS from FLL to POM

KPfromCT

Past few times I've been in one of their vans, it was one of those really high-top ones. Like, if you're sittting in the seat, there is literally three feet of space above you. Although I can recall once or twice being in a regular passenger van, but it seems like that's been a while ago. Might just be luck of the draw what kind of van you get, or maybe they upgraded all their vans to the larger ones?

And it's highways. And they're driving is good - nothing like the crazy taxi drivers!

Past few times I've been in one of their vans, it was one of those really high-top ones. Like, if you're sittting in the seat, there is literally three feet of space above you. Although I can recall once or twice being in a regular passenger van, but it seems like that's been a while ago. Might just be luck of the draw what kind of van you get, or maybe they upgraded all their vans to the larger ones?

And it's highways. And they're driving is good - nothing like the crazy taxi drivers!

Thanks Lego7191!! One less thing to worry about!!!!:D:D

How big are their vans? How is the drive? Highways or back roads? I am the WORST backseat driver:eek: Just don't want to have a nervous breakdown before we even get to the ship. LOL

Their website shows their vans, the ride took us about 30-40 minutes last time and it's mainly highway. We have never had the one with the high top, maybe they have both.

Sorry, didn't see the previous reply~

FLL is right off highway I95. It's about 30 minutes all highway. When you exit in Miami you do have to go through the downtown area a little bit and it usually is pretty congested until you get over the causeway to where the port is, but it's not far, less than a mile. Bayside Marketplace is at the entrance of the causeway also so there is a lot traffic in all directions. It takes about 40 minutes total from FLL to the POM.

Just don't want to have a nervous breakdown before we even get to the ship. LOL

Thats exactly what happened to us using SAS. We had a confirmed reservation with them to pick us up at a FLL hotel. Guess what, they never showed up. Never answered their phone, We left message with them they never called us back. After over an hour of waiting for them we found another ride to POM.

Just wanted to pop in here and say that I used QLS from POM to FLL in February. I made the reservation online, paid with a credit card. They started calling my cell phone while we were eating breakfast, telling us that we must allow time to get off the ship and clear customs. I think they would worry that we would be late -- we booked a 9 AM time slot.

So, in the end, I called the number after we cleared customs, as I was instructed, and the van (small bus) promptly met us at the designated place. I was happy with their service. Just another option.

Thats exactly what happened to us using SAS. We had a confirmed reservation with them to pick us up at a FLL hotel. Guess what, they never showed up. Never answered their phone, We left message with them they never called us back. After over an hour of waiting for them we found another ride to POM.

Good to know. We've used them before without a problem but I guess we should schedule them early just in case.

I used SAS from FLL to a hotel in Miami right across the street from Bayside and it was a very good experience. They were at the airport as soon as I called and then they picked us up at POM after the cruise and took us to FLL, I called right before we went to customs and they were outside waiting when we got there.

i was happy with thier service. Our problem was we are Canadian and left our cell phones at home, I had to scramble at the airport to find a pay phone (there are not of them left) to call them a) we were there b) we landed early.

I would use them, ask to sit in the front passenger seat, the ride is painless except for the small part of downtown.

How big are their vans? How is the drive? Highways or back roads? I am the WORST backseat driver:eek: Just don't want to have a nervous breakdown before we even get to the ship. LOL

They use VW bugs now. They take dirt roads through Ft Lauderdale via West Palm Beach and back to Miami.

Takes about 4 hours.

They DO NOT have air conditioning in their vehicles.

They strap your luggage to the roof of the car.:p

Bill

They use VW bugs now. They take dirt roads through Ft Lauderdale via West Palm Beach and back to Miami.

Takes about 4 hours.

They DO NOT have air conditioning in their vehicles.

They strap your luggage to the roof of the car.:p

Bill

You are a FUNNY GUY!!!!:D

Yup, I am a bit uptight, but once onboard, a totally different person:p:p

Thanks for the laugh!!

You are a FUNNY GUY!!!!:D

Yup, I am a bit uptight, but once onboard, a totally different person:p:p

Thanks for the laugh!!

I am glad you took my post in the nature it was intended.:)

SAS is great. Have used them 3 times and they are very punctual and keep in touch via cell.

I believe they hop on I95 and you are there in about 45 minutes.

Have a great trip.:)

Bill

I am glad you took my post in the nature it was intended.:)

SAS is great. Have used them 3 times and they are very punctual and keep in touch via cell.

I believe they hop on I95 and you are there in about 45 minutes.

Have a great trip.:)

Bill

Thanks, Bill!!! I LOVE your personality!!! lol

Just wanted to pop in here and say that I used QLS from POM to FLL in February. I made the reservation online, paid with a credit card. They started calling my cell phone while we were eating breakfast, telling us that we must allow time to get off the ship and clear customs. I think they would worry that we would be late -- we booked a 9 AM time slot.

So, in the end, I called the number after we cleared customs, as I was instructed, and the van (small bus) promptly met us at the designated place. I was happy with their service. Just another option.

Just curious, we booked QLS for our transportation for our cruise in a couple of weeks. Did they send you any emails prior to your trip confirming your reservations? I like to confirm everything before I leave and was wondering how QLS handles upcoming reservations. Thanks!

Just curious, we booked QLS for our transportation for our cruise in a couple of weeks. Did they send you any emails prior to your trip confirming your reservations? I like to confirm everything before I leave and was wondering how QLS handles upcoming reservations. Thanks!

I don't remember, sorry. I think I did have either a confirmation number or a page to print after I made the reservation on their website because I remember having the documentation with me.

We've used QLS twice from FLL to POM and had excellent service from them.

Ditto with my experience with QLS. My DW left her cell phone on the shuttle van/bus and we called them from FLL as we had about a two hour wait for our flight and the driver had my wife meet him outside the terminal on his next swing through and gave her the lost cell phone. Very professional and great customer service.

I used SAS last week to go from FLL to POM. And used them today on my return from my cruise. They are great! I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes. When I called, he answered and called me by my name (caller ID). When he picked me up, he called to me in the group, by my name. As a woman traveling alone, it was reassuring that I was getting in the right van and going where we had originally agreed on when making the reservations.

He knew where to take me also. They are very professional.

I used SAS last week to go from FLL to POM. And used them today on my return from my cruise. They are great! I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes. When I called, he answered and called me by my name (caller ID). When he picked me up, he called to me in the group, by my name. As a woman traveling alone, it was reassuring that I was getting in the right van and going where we had originally agreed on when making the reservations.

He knew where to take me also. They are very professional.

Thanks,Jo!!! Hoping we had the same great experience as you did:D

I wasn't too impressed with SAS.

We used them for my group of 6's Glory sailing this last December. I made the reservation online and notified them when our flights were changed. When we arrived at FLL, I called them. He knew who I was and told me he'd be picking us up shortly. We stood at the curb for probably 30 mins watching numerous vans circle. Eventually he showed and we got on the van (had a trailer for luggage). We waited in the van for a little while, then set off only to come back not once, but twice to pick up additional passengers. We then set off for good a while later. After driving south of POM, he realized his first stop was supposed to be all the way back near FLL. After turning around, he dropped off some Carnival Breeze guests and then drove us to South Beach. He eventually dropped off the others back near FLL I suppose.

We found it frustrating. Instead of sticking to our return reservation, we took a taxi back to FLL from the port. We didn't wait for anybody, we drove straight to FLL, and we paid the exact same price as SAS.

Archived