Tendering at Half Moon Cay

HeidiHo

Does Half Moon Cay have it's own tender boats or do they still drop the life boats off the ships and use those for tendering? When we were there about 10 years ago they used the ships life boats.

No, they have actual tendering boats;)

That must have been quite an experience, though..:confused::confused:

Thanks, that's what I thought but then someone told me just recently that they still use lifeboats so I thought I'd ask. We used ship life boats on our Princess cruise in January to get to Princess Cays.

Does Half Moon Cay have it's own tender boats or do they still drop the life boats off the ships and use those for tendering? When we were there about 10 years ago they used the ships life boats.

Hi HeidiHo, :)

Here is a photo of a Half Moon Cay tender.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Tender_zps2248c348.jpg

I have to admit .. my initial reaction was ... WTH? Life boats?

... but would you look at this ...!

I don't think those are life boats, I think they are ship board tenders that may double as lifeboats, if you look at the lifboats still on the ship, they don't have the white raised roof, like the ones they are using as tenders

I don't think those are life boats, I think they are ship board tenders that may double as lifeboats, if you look at the lifboats still on the ship, they don't have the white raised roof, like the ones they are using as tenders

... but if you watch the video all the way to the end -- you will see them hoist the tenders/life boats back into position on the side of the ship. ;)

Well, yes, I guess technically that is true. They only use the big boats for tendering but they do double as life boats. I noticed when we were at the muster drill on the Grand Princess the boat at our station was one of the big ones. They don't hold nearly as many people has the Half Moon Cay tenders though so tendering was very slow.

Every time I've tendered off ..I've never had to wait.

I think some people wait until later in the day to tender off. We tender off right as we drop anchor and are normally one of the first groups there. Much better then waiting long!

Archived