Amerisuites on 17th st. FLL, and Priceline 11/18/2005 pre-cruise

amy hood

Other people have gotten this hotel in Nov. for 50.00. Each time I bid they ask for me to increase my bif to 64.00. I have a back up ressie through valuetrip for 75.00 per night. Whenever I bid I put the room in a name that isn;t holding a back up ressie. Hotwire is accepting rooms at 65.00 that night also. Am I doing anythin wrong?

75,00 USD with breakfast & shuttle and you are still not happy???? I hate to say it but we are not seeing the kind of pricing we saw for a long time post 9/11 anymore. I know we have seen such prices before but it the travel trade has picked up again so prices are & will continue to pick up again too. Good luck.

I am not complaining and I have gotten a bid for this hotel on the Friday before Thanksgiving week last year for 35.00. It may have been just a quirk. I am traveling with 2 elderly widows who have to watch their pennies. I am just trying to save them some money. I have already secured my room and I am completely happy with the rate I have paid.

I am just wondering why some people have been accepted at 50.00 and they are asking me to increase my bid to 65.00. They may not be any reasons. I don't bid on Priceline much, so I hoping that those that do may have some advice.

It maybe be just plain to early to bid.

Amy, just wait the 3 days and bid again at $55. When PL gives you an immediate rebid, they will almost always accept less. You can bid immediately at the lesser price using the free re-bid strategy, but you have to know what you are doing, adding the proper zones, etc. So unless you are a very knowledgable bidder, just bid again after 72 hours.

I wouldn't go above $60. With PL service charges you are at $66 or so, so just a few dollars less than what you already reserved. And there is no cancellation with PL.

I am not complaining and I have gotten a bid for this hotel on the Friday before Thanksgiving week last year for 35.00. It may have been just a quirk. I am traveling with 2 elderly widows who have to watch their pennies. I am just trying to save them some money. I have already secured my room and I am completely happy with the rate I have paid.

I am just wondering why some people have been accepted at 50.00 and they are asking me to increase my bid to 65.00. They may not be any reasons. I don't bid on Priceline much, so I hoping that those that do may have some advice.

It maybe be just plain to early to bid.

I would just keep trying, I got Amerisuites for Dec 3 and Dec 18 for $50 on Priceline.

Thanks for the advice signman and Libertycruiser!:D

I am a little nervous about rebidding and adding other zones. So I will wait and try again.

I know that other people are getting the Amersuites for 50.00. I have plenty of time to rebid. I am thinking about registering my husband and trying to bid that way also.

I do appreicate the suggestions. Thanks again!

Amy, just wait the 3 days and bid again at $55. When PL gives you an immediate rebid, they will almost always accept less. You can bid immediately at the lesser price using the free re-bid strategy, but you have to know what you are doing, adding the proper zones, etc. So unless you are a very knowledgable bidder, just bid again after 72 hours.

I wouldn't go above $60. With PL service charges you are at $66 or so, so just a few dollars less than what you already reserved. And there is no cancellation with PL.

Actually there are no safe re-bid zones for 2.5 Downtown. You run the risk of being upgraded to 3 star in a few zones. Just keep trying $50 would be my suggestion.

Archived