Cabin 6483 on Valor - Noise??

ShanteS

I snagged an aft wrap and I'm super duper excited. However, I'm right above the Eagles Aft Lounge. It looks like the room is over some gray area but I'm still worried about noise.

On the Destiny we had an inside cabin directly above the salsa lounge and we heard music at all hours (except in the am and afternoon but we were always gone). It didn't bother me much on the Destiny because at the time I could sleep through ANYTHING.

This year though I'll have my daughter with me and I'm just wondering about the noise because I would hate for her to have difficulty sleeping that week. Thanks for any help!

the lounge is now the comedy club. the last show is over around midnight.

the grey area is a crew area.

If at all possible try to move up one deck.

although you should not have noise issues--- i would not take that small chance

We've been in 6483 and 6452 on a few Conquest class ships and never had a moments problem with noise.

On that class of ship, those aft corner cabins on deck 6 are the only ones we'll sail in... which is the same way we feel about aft corner cabins (suites) on Spirit class ships. There it's ONLY deck 4! (4228 or 4237)!!

ENJOY!

Tom

We've been in 6483 and 6452 on a few Conquest class ships and never had a moments problem with noise.

On that class of ship, those aft corner cabins on deck 6 are the only ones we'll sail in... which is the same way we feel about aft corner cabins (suites) on Spirit class ships. There it's ONLY deck 4! (4228 or 4237)!!

ENJOY!

Tom

Awesome!! Thanks! I've never been on any of the Spirit class or Conquest class ships but it seems like the cabins you normally sail are the largest with the largest balconies too. I live in Baltimore and have yet to sail on the Pride but after looking at some pics of the corner suites my interest has been piqued! :) Thanks for your help!

Also, I've been itching to try a different cruiseline for next year but whenever I go to the other cruiseline websites they just seem so foreign to me and I'm lost on where to even begin looking. Any advice for me? Any cruiseline you recommend I try first? Any particular ship?

We had starboard side aft wrap on the Victory last year and it's a GREAT CABIN! People shy away from deck 6 but you won't hear a PEEP on the starboard side. My parents had the aft-extended next to us and didn't hear anything. The people on the other side of them, the more center aft-extended, from that cabin all the way to port side heard music/thumping late at night.

Grab that aft-wrap, it's the largest aft-wrap on the ship (notice you'll get a full aft, corner, and side views. Deck 7 and 8 aft wraps are smaller and not as wide.

ENJOY!

As far as other cruiselines, we are trying NCL this year and hoping to try RCL next year. Have fun!

Here's a handy photo for comparing the corners:

Cruise-Miracle-2005-July-3%20021-M.jpg

Deck 6 also has something that the other decks don't have: a second door (shared with the adjacent side cabin) to the hallway. When that second door is closed, you'll hear NO sounds from people out in the halls! To show how few changes occured when they designed the Dream class, it's the same thing with deck 6 on the Dream!

GLORY:

DSC00679-M.jpg

DSC00678-M.jpg

Tom

We had the L-shaped cabin next door for our daughters and Dh and I had the aft wrap and had that whole entire little hallway to ourselves!! :D

No one every came in there, I was able to store my Dad's folding wheelchair in there, although we would have had plenty of room in the aft-wrap cabin, I could do cartwheels the cabin was so big!

My parents had the aft-extended next to us and we were able to open all three balconies into one!

Also, I've been itching to try a different cruiseline for next year but whenever I go to the other cruiseline websites they just seem so foreign to me and I'm lost on where to even begin looking. Any advice for me? Any cruiseline you recommend I try first? Any particular ship?

Hmmmm... If I had to pick it would be the Epic, or I'd imagine the Breakaway (which we're booked on this September) out of NYC. The Epic was a "wow" ship for us - so much to do! NCL has a nice product... ESPECIALLY if you can swing a suite.

Another option would be any Solstice class ship (Celebrity) - those are really nice ships. Not as much to do, but you know you're on something special.

Tom

Hmmmm... If I had to pick it would be the Epic, or I'd imagine the Breakaway (which we're booked on this September) out of NYC. The Epic was a "wow" ship for us - so much to do! NCL has a nice product... ESPECIALLY if you can swing a suite.

Another option would be any Solstice class ship (Celebrity) - those are really nice ships. Not as much to do, but you know you're on something special.

Tom

Thanks! I saw the deck plans for the Dawn I believe and the cabins (except the insides)...OMG!! :eek: They are so nice! It makes me think I'm missing out if I don't try NCL at least once. The prices are a little more but I'm willing to pay it just to try. From what I've seen I think I'll really enjoy NCL. Unfortunately, NCL doesn't leave from the port of Baltimore anymore. :( RC and Celebrity are also on my list of cruiselines to try.

I was in 6442 (other side L-shaped room) which is above the stage area of Eagles Lounge. There were a few nights where the bass guitar would vibrate our room but not really enough to keep us awake and it usually stopped at midnight, except for the last night. I would try and move up a deck but if you can't you will probably be fine on the other side of the ship.

You are fine if you are starboard side of deck 6. There was no music or noise from the lounge in deck 5 below.

I do know that from the 2nd cabin in from the aft-wrap starboard side to all the way around to the L-shaped cabin on port side, you will hear noise.

Definately grab that starboard side aft-wrap on deck 6. It's amazing!

Archived