Sailing on the Conquest 6/24/05 where to buy jewelry?

We will be sailing on the Conquest on 6/24/05 and would like to know the best place to buy liquor. Is it on the ship or off the ship? If it is off the ship, which island has the best prices? Also the same question for jewelry. Are the best prices on or off the ship. If off the ship, which island and which jewelry shop? Any info would be appreciated.

When I was on the Conquest last November, the cheapest place I found (and I checked all islands) was at Big Black Dick's on Cayman. It was cheaper than Cozumel and Jamaica.

As for Jewelry, there wasn't any place doing much dealing when I was there. Usually Jamaica has the best prices, but they were high and would not deal at all. Cayman is generally more expensive, but if you find a deal, go for it. Cozumel has an over abundance of jewelry stores so you might find something there.

Have fun on the Conquest.

;) It's chepest on the Eastern trips, St. Martin (Very Good) and St. Thomas you can get 5 litres each and 5 Cartons of Cigarettes each. Personally I saw no Bargains in Grand Cayman, even T-Shirts that were 3-$10 in Cozumel were $20 ea in Cayman. Remember there are over 500 Banks on the Cayman Islands and a lot of Money, cost of living is kinda high, Cayman is a tourist trap like Nassau. :eek:

Jewelry - Last time a truly saw a bargain on Tanzanite was in Nassau Bahamas in the year 1999. . . . since then - there has not been any great "steals" - you would be better off buying jewelry here in the states at a reputable Jewelry dealer.

Best Deal on Liquor is also in Nassau - Best Deal on Vanilla Extract for those "bakers" out there is definately in Jamaica.

Good luck

When I originally posted I said that I would be traveling on the Conquest 6/24/05. I meant 7/24/05, I can't wait to go and I guess I was trying to rush my trip. Someone told me that Tanzanite was inexpensive in the Grand Cayman. Any thoughts on purchasing on the ship itself for liquor or jewelry?

Dear Jersey Girl - Liquor on the ship is no great deal - you can get better prices at Sams or Costco - and not have to "lug" it all the way home - it gets heavy. Tanzanite and anything else in Cayman is a fortune - Jewelry stores in Grand Cayman are very high end, and very pricey - like everything else there.

Grand cayman is good for 7 mile beach, scuba, snorkeling, and swimming with the sting rays.

When were were there - 1 bottle of red stripe beer at the Hard Rock was $7.00.

Good luck - and have fun -

The only thing that Grand Cayman can truly save you money on is a new Rolex watch. I saved $1,600.00. You have to buy it in person. You can not "order" it and have it shipped to you. The prices were better than AH Ris in St Thomas and John Bull in Nassau....but John Bull has the best selection by far.

LHP

My husband is currently looking at a Submariner at the local jewelery store. Cost of the watch is $4,000.00, and it would be nice to get it a lot cheaper.

Couple of questions:

Does it have a warranty - heard there is a difference b/w U.S. and out of country warranty?

What type did you buy?

Did you get the watch appraised in the U.S.?

Curious where you bought your Rolex in Grand Cayman and who did you deal with?

Is this one of Carnival's guaranteed stores, where if you get back to U.S. and it's appraised for less, you can return it and receive full money back?

Archived