Door Decorations

A2ZMOMMY

We are look to book a cruise on the Carnival Glory for 8/19/2013 and had a couple of questions.

What is the policy for decorating the doors? Are they magnetic so we can use magnets or are they wooden?

Also, has anyone done to soda package and is it worth it?

Thanks

We are look to book a cruise on the Carnival Glory for 8/19/2013 and had a couple of questions.

What is the policy for decorating the doors? Are they magnetic so we can use magnets or are they wooden?

Also, has anyone done to soda package and is it worth it?

Thanks

You can put whatever you want on there so long as it is not offensive. The walls are metal, I think the doors are to.

we always decoraate our door... it sure makes it easier to find you room on that l o n g , l o n g , l o n g hallway and after a few drinks...;)

i always buy the bottomless bubbles sticker. if you drink more than 3 soda's a day it is worth it

I'm not sure if the doors were metal or not, but on the Pride, as I recall, they had something like formica covering the doors.

If your cruise is port intensive you probably wouldn't get your money's worth with Bottomless Bubbles. Otherwise, as someone else pointed out, if you drink more than 3 pops a day it's worth it.

Cannot speak to the ship you are going on but I was told Destiny had metal doors-they did not where you would want to put the decorations-only the screen at the bottom of the door was metal.

I printed magnet sheets up using our home computer with everyones name, a picture of the ship and pictures of the places we were visiting and used sticky putty to stick them to the doors of our cabins-worked great!

Happy Sailing!

Our cabin on the Liberty last week had metal doors and walls.

As for bottomless bubbles, it is 1.95 per soda so if you will drink 3 per day, may as well. We got it for all 6 of us (kids are 4.50 a dy, adults are $6). I did wait until the second day to get mine, we were then in INternational waters and I saved $6 from the first day. The kids and hubby were planning on getting it as soon as we got on but ended up not until after dinner so we saved the sales tax.

We were on the Freedom in February. We were waiting outside our door for DB and SIL to come out from their cabin next door. I bent down to retie my shoe and on the way up I noticed on the door that someone had put "Happy New Year 2011" on the door with something that left residue. You couldn't see it looking straight at it but from an angle you could see it. I'm guessing they were those gel letters that you stick on windows.

Sailed the Glory twice, used tac-n-stick to hold door sign, works great.

Ditto on the ticky-tacky. I love that stuff for putting up decorations. It is no fuss, no mess and peels off clean and clear. It holds up, even heavier-thicker items, with no problem. So much better than using tape.

I found it at Walmart next to the poster boards and poster markers. It comes in a little square that looks like an eraser. You tear off a pea-sized piece, roll it around in you fingers to ply it and then put it behind your decoration and press it onto the door. It sells for around the $3 range.

:)

We sailed on the Glory in July last year and were on the Lido deck. Our door was the only one in our area with decorations. The kids were so excited doing their decorations and hanging them up. We also had a dry erase board and attached a pen with string and tape. The kids friends all used it to say where they were going. We used that sticky tack stuff also and it worked great. We also hung carnival beads on the mailbox and no one even touched them until the last day.

We did get soda cards for the kids because I told them not to leave a soda down where anyone could get it. If they did have to leave it for a while don't go back to it - just get a new one. It worked well for us.

Archived