Carnival LIberty-Eastern 3/30 Review

KatPem

Kathy,

THANK YOU so much for this review! I savored every single word and photo! You have such a beautiful family! We, too, are in love with cruising and have four children (2 girls ages 12 & 10 and 2 boys ages 9 & 6). We took our first family cruise in Oct. 2011 on the Dream Western Caribbean itinerary. What an amazing vacation! Your itinerary out of San Juan is the one we are hoping to do next (sometime in the next year or so). I really appreciate your detailed review and ideas for each port. The joy and happiness shows on your faces in the photos...Priceless! Thanks again for sharing! :-)

Since they didn't get it I thought I would respond to your question. We were on the same cruise and did get FTTF. We thought it was worth it and have already purchased it for our June cruise as well! That one has a tender port, but I would have bought it either way. We loved being able to go straight to our room to drop off our carry on items. Besides, it was our first suite and we were anxious to see it. :) We also got our luggage delivered quickly and were unpacked before most had even received theirs. That was a major plus since we had steakhouse reservations the first night. It was also nice going to the short line at customer service!

Thanks for the reply! I do agree that not having to drag around our carryons would be nice. Bypassing the customer service lines would be good too. We will have to give this some more thought. We have 3 cabins and I am still on the fence as to whether or not the $150 can be justified. Thanks for your help!

Thank you! I loved it cause of the kid's natural smiles...hard to get that with so many. I wish I could remember what they were laughing about lol

Beautiful family picture Kathy. Your review is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Will be sailing in about 6 weeks and this just gets me extremely excited about our departure.

I enjoyed your review~ Can you tell me if they had entertainment by the Red Frog and/or Blue Iguana during the day, when we went last year they had a couple of people alternating and playing the guitar/singing? I really enjoyed them and was hoping they were still doing that.

Kathy,

THANK YOU so much for this review! I savored every single word and photo! You have such a beautiful family! We, too, are in love with cruising and have four children (2 girls ages 12 & 10 and 2 boys ages 9 & 6). We took our first family cruise in Oct. 2011 on the Dream Western Caribbean itinerary. What an amazing vacation! Your itinerary out of San Juan is the one we are hoping to do next (sometime in the next year or so). I really appreciate your detailed review and ideas for each port. The joy and happiness shows on your faces in the photos...Priceless! Thanks again for sharing! :-)

Thanks for the reply! I do agree that not having to drag around our carryons would be nice. Bypassing the customer service lines would be good too. We will have to give this some more thought. We have 3 cabins and I am still on the fence as to whether or not the $150 can be justified. Thanks for your help!

I believe it is per person, not per cabin...I could be wrong though...

Beautiful family picture Kathy. Your review is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Will be sailing in about 6 weeks and this just gets me extremely excited about our departure.

Thanks! I am ready to go again! I am trying to talk my husband in a cruise in November without the kids...they will be mad but will get over it ;)

I enjoyed your review~ Can you tell me if they had entertainment by the Red Frog and/or Blue Iguana during the day, when we went last year they had a couple of people alternating and playing the guitar/singing? I really enjoyed them and was hoping they were still doing that.

YES! There was an American named Andrew that was REALLY good! He was there and in the lobby at times. There was another guy named Dylan that was pretty good as well.

FTTF Is actually per cabin, I researched for our liberty cruise in December, and ended up purchasing it for both of our cabins, not having to lug my cpap and all my other electronics/carryon luggage around with me and be able to drop it at the room really sealed the deal for us.

The Breeze....my 9 year old said he wants to go on this boat next lol

DSCF4474_zps3e4a7712.jpg

I was on my aft wrap (On Breeze) taking pics of Liberty as you took the pic above. Here's the pic I took of Liberty at pretty much the same time;

8642075545_322e01fda7_b.jpg

2013 Carnival Breeze Day 1 by paulmedik, on Flickr

And another as she passed on down the channel;

8643174328_db0d21207a_b.jpg

And another;

8643173786_7a002d7444_b.jpg

There's a bunch more in the same album and you can download larger versions; perhaps you'll find a picture of yourself.

Great review and pictures!! Thank you for sharing them. Your family is beautiful. Would you happen to have copies of the fun times that you could post? We are going in a month and my son keeps asking me questions about movies in the rooms and on the big screen outside, along with other things.

My party purchased FTTF. It was $100 for both cabins (5 persons total). It was FANTASTIC. From the time we got to port, it was 15 minutes till we were in our room, and we were fully unpacked by 2pm! Until I am Platium, we will always get FTTF on ships it is offered on.

Your pictures are gorgeous!

The ones of the iguanas look good enough to be in nature books, LOL! :)

And I loved the underwater pictures...we bought a disposable underwater camera for our last cruise, and of course it did not do the underwater pictures justice! Trying to decide if I should invest in buying a "real" underwater camera or not!

KatPem,

Yes that's me and my youngest son Britt is to my right taking pictures. :D

What are the chances??? lol I only took about 10 pictures or so of the Breeze but had been telling my husband about the aft wraps so I took those close up. Feel free to snag it ;)

I am on much the same itinerary on the Glory in November. We will not have near as much time in San Juan as you did. I know that I will not have time to do both forts.....which one would you recommend? Was one better than the other?

Thanks,

They are both great! I would probably say El Morro only because there is a lot of variety there with the Cemetery, cliffs, etc. I think we had more fun 'exploring' at San Cristobal though. We did not take as much tie exploring El Morro cause the kids were getting tired but San Cristobal had dungeons, etc and a great view of the ship. San Cristobal is closer to the pier though. You could take the trolley up and walk back to see some of Old san Juan. Clear as mud eh? lol

Your pictures are gorgeous!

The ones of the iguanas look good enough to be in nature books, LOL! :)

And I loved the underwater pictures...we bought a disposable underwater camera for our last cruise, and of course it did not do the underwater pictures justice! Trying to decide if I should invest in buying a "real" underwater camera or not!

Thank you!! I couldn't believe how great some of them turned out! lol

Check Target and Walmart for clearance waterproof cameras. I went a week before the cruise to get a disposable one and looked at Walmart and found the Fujifilm XP55 on clearance for $109. The next week Target had the same one for $80. Anyway, I really like it and I was happy with the quality of pictures I got.

Also, I figured I would need at least 3 disposable cameras ($30) plus developing and you only would have about 70 pictures that you wouldn't know if they turned out or not. I bought extra batteries dirt cheap on ebay.

What are the chances??? lol I only took about 10 pictures or so of the Breeze but had been telling my husband about the aft wraps so I took those close up. Feel free to snag it ;)

Kathy,

Astronomical odds! Thank you for the pics.

I took just over 7000 pics on our cruise so if anyone was anywhere near Breeze I likely got their pic. I narrowed them down to 2714 that I uploaded to Flickr; many of those are redundant and quite a few slipped past me and should have been deleted.

Did you find yourself in any of mine? Britt's pics are still on his memory card, but he was shooting a 6D and I was shooting an SX50HS at that time which means his pics have a lot more pixels and resolution than mine (20.2MP vs 12.1MP).

Archived