Info on the Paradise

beachgal58

Anyone have any tips for the Paradise? I sailed the Dream in Jan, booked the Paradise for 4-20, looking forward to a smaller ship, I have never sailed her, I realize she is older, does she have any upgrades?

This is my platinum cruise, excited about that, just wondering what she has going on.

Thanks,

Cindy

I got off the Paradise on Saturday. The cruise I took prior was on the Breeze. The Paradise does not have any of the upgrades found on the Breeze. I enjoyed the smaller ship, my only complaint with this class of ships is the dining rooms are in the middle, so you have to go up and down steps. I found entertainment lacking after our early dinner time. We had to wait on shows and bands to start and we didn't care for the entertainment in the Piano bar. She tried but was way too loud. I hope to start on my review this weekend.

We enjoyed our recent sailing March 28 to April 1. I thought the food lines were shorter than they were on the larger ships and there always were some last minute seats available at the shows.

The staff was really friendly and the ship was clean everywhere.

My hints would be:

Hit the Deli upon embarkation for lunch - the newbies will not have had time to discover it yet. Same goes for the omletes on the first morning.

If you want a premium location next the pool, get there about 9:00am. For the second tier around the pool, by 10:00am. After that, the aft deck deck fills up fast.

Bring a small cooler and pay your room steward to keep ice in it. They have removed those small stainless steel cans from all rooms (I think) where they used to give you some ice.

Beware of funtimes says stuff at the spa is free - the "free" couples massage class mentioned in the fun times was actually $75.00.

Have your beds made into two twins instead of a queen. Our bed was stuck up against that square box that the life preservers are in, so I had to climb over my wife or climb over that box to get in and out of bed. This is really poor design on Canrival's part.

We sailed the Paradise last May. I wrote a review in 5 parts in June....use the 'search this thread' box up above and look for Paradise - my reviews are on page 4. Or, search for May28-June 2 Paradise. I tried to post links and it wouldn't work.

Delli is good, I had several Reubans.

A plate of 3 chocolate covered strawberries is $2.25 from the 'coffee shop' on the Promenade. The other desserts are delicious too. I had one each evening. :)

Bracelet sale on the last sea day. Watch sale earlier in the week. Port tshirts for $10 in the gift shop.

Midnight Mexican buffet the night you're in Cozumel. There were several different kinds of salsas......delicious ! The chips were baked & really good too.

The spa had unadvertised specials. Go to their desk & look for a flyer. They had a list of services. One day it was Pick 2 for $99, another day was Pick 3 for about $120, etc.

We really enjoyed the Paradise last July. She doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades, but was refurbished before our sailing. We thought she was a great ship and would definitely sail on her again. There are many pictures of the Paradise in the review that I did. A link to the review should show in my signature.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

We sailed the Paradise in January and enjoyed the ship. The PP who commented about having the beds separated is right. That box in the corner takes up so much room! The cabin seemed twice as big once the beds were moved. Next upgrade I guess they'll remove the box as they have done on the Imagination. We loved sailing out of Tampa, the embarkation was one of our easiest ever.

Thank you everyone! I will look up the reviews! Our beds will be apart, my gf and I are not partners.

I forgot about the life jacket box in the corner! Is there a couch in the ov cabins? Yes, we will bring a cooler and I will get a bucket from the steward.

The deck plans show a pool on deck 11, next to a kids pool, right?

Looking forward to sailing the ole gal! I like the smaller ships too. : )

Thanks again.

Cindy

Sailed on Paradise last October and had a fabulous time. We had Your Time Dining, but liked the servers (Bagus and his assistants) on our first night so we kept requesting them the rest of the cruise. Every staff member we encountered was great. We had an interior cabin and didn't mind the climbing over the bed thing to have our beds together. I left a note and a $5 requesting ice so we could keep our wine bottles chilled and fill up our insulated water bottles and we never went without ice. We did the Behind the Fun tour. That was well worth the money. Only $55 pp on the smaller ships.

Tip for ya... the pizza place is right above where they do the comedy shows. We'd go in and find our seats for the show and then I'd run up and grab us a pizza to split while we enjoyed the comedy.

Thank you everyone! I will look up the reviews! Our beds will be apart, my gf and I are not partners.

I forgot about the life jacket box in the corner! Is there a couch in the ov cabins? Yes, we will bring a cooler and I will get a bucket from the steward.

The deck plans show a pool on deck 11, next to a kids pool, right?

Looking forward to sailing the ole gal! I like the smaller ships too. : )

Thanks again.

Cindy

The OV that we were in did not have a couch. I don't know how they would even squeeze one in to the regular cabins. I could be mistaken, but I believe only the suites have couches on the Paradise.

There is a 2nd pool on deck 11 aft, along with another hot tub and the kiddie pool, but it is very small... about the size of a 18' above ground pool (picture on post #17 of my review). Also, keep in mind that the basketball court is located in the same area, so it stayed pretty busy back there during our sailing.

I thought of another hint - In order to watch the ship go under the bridge, you need to be out on deck around 6:30 if you leave the dock at 4:00 as scheduled. Once you pass the bridge, you will see Fort Desoto State Park to the North. The park always gets high ratings for it's beaches.

Kim You're review was awesome, It put me to ease after reading all those bad reviews about the Paradise. If you're ever in my roll call i'm going to buy you a present. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had read mixed reviews of the Paradise before we sailed, but we were determined to have a great time no matter what. I had no interest in picking at the minor imperfections of an older ship or thinking about what should've or could've been better. After all, your vacation is what you make of it.

I hope you have a great cruise!

Gemynii, Thank you, I read your review, wow! A lot of pics, you did a great job on the review. Now I am thinking about Chankanab, haven't been there for over 10 yrs.

Thanks for all the help everyone, looking forward to sailing the Paradise!

Cindy

Gemynii, Thank you, I read your review, wow! A lot of pics, you did a great job on the review. Now I am thinking about Chankanab, haven't been there for over 10 yrs.

Thanks for all the help everyone, looking forward to sailing the Paradise!

Cindy

Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great time!

Archived