New app!!!

I d/l'ed the new app on my Samsung 10 inch tablet.

The ad is less then 1/2 inch tall and maybe 2 inches wide at the most at the bottom of the screen. It takes up no space at all. For a free app, ads aren't unexpected of course.

It's better than $5 for the app (though I saw in Android it was only 1.99 so not sure why Apple is so high).

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Hi Which / What is Speak & Spell :confused:

Is TapaTalk going O.K. on Android software and in particular the Galaxy phones.

I assume it also works on Android Tablets.

Thanks in Advance

It's better than $5 for the app (though I saw in Android it was only 1.99 so not sure why Apple is so high).

There's more than one version of Tapatalk for iOS. There's the universal version which will work on both the iPhone and the iPad that is less expensive. The iPad version of it is just a ported version from the iPhone. The HD version is the $5 one and specifically designed for the iPad so it's optimized to make the most of landscape mode and such on the iPad.

So people would put up with ads to save 5 bucks :eek:

Exactly! LOL Admittedly, $5 is generally more than I pay for most apps of this type, but it's still definitely worth it to me to not have to put up with the ads. I generally only use the free ad-supported versions of apps until I see if it's something I think I'll use on a regular basis. If it is, I pretty quickly pay for the upgraded version without the ads just because I find them so annoying.

For those having trouble finding the app in the iTunes Store, try searching for "independent traveler". On my phone I had no trouble finding it with the previous suggestions given here. On my mom's phone, none of those worked. So I looked at the app in my phone and tried the name of the maker as quoted above. It then worked. :)

Hi Which / What is Speak & Spell :confused:

Is TapaTalk going O.K. on Android software and in particular the Galaxy phones.

I assume it also works on Android Tablets.

Thanks in Advance

It is a joke. This was a kid's toy from the 70s. It was super popular here in the states. I have no idea if it was popular on your side of the world, but the following Wiki article mentions it was actually sold in Australia, Europe, Japan, and Canada. It was like a precursor for many children's computer-based toys of today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_%26_Spell_(toy)

It was really popular here for a finite window. If you were born between about 1970-1980 you probably had one or your friends had one and you wished you did.

There are apps for phones now that emulate it. I believe Beth is just mocking her phone by calling it a Speak and Spell.

I was thinking Tapatalk was free when it came out but maybe it was just really cheap. I do like having no ads and greatly prefer Tapatalk to the big side bar CC ads which are still very annoying on my PC.

It was free when I got for my iPad. Unfortunately, I too later paid the five bucks for the HD version. Should have saved my money because as I type this, I'm typing from my laptop and back using the first version when I use my iPad. The worst of it, the Android version on my phone is more functional than either iPad versions.

Is there anything different than accessing through the Internet on your phone?

Nothing to do with tap talk - but how do you get the FOS counter to load. I have tried and I cant. What do you copy and paste where? :)

This app seems to be easier to use than Tapatalk. The ads do not bother me in the slightest and it is easy to download photos. However it has already jammed on me and I had to remove the app and re-download it. If it keeps doing that, I will think again about using it.

This app seems to be easier to use than Tapatalk. The ads do not bother me in the slightest and it is easy to download photos. However it has already jammed on me and I had to remove the app and re-download it. If it keeps doing that, I will think again about using it.

Hm, I haven't had any problems like that with it.

Can someone tell me what the big benefit ot Tapatalk is? I really have no problem viewing Cruise Critic on my iPhone or iPad?:confused:

David:D

You can pull up only participated threads or subscribed threads with no advertising. This makes for much quicker keeping up with topics of interest.

Truthfully, now that Cruise Critic has their own app, I won't use Tapatalk most likely!

Why? The format appears exactly the same only with no ads. I can't imagine wanting to switch to a free app with ads when it works no differently.

You can pull up only participated threads or subscribed threads with no advertising. This makes for much quicker keeping up with topics of interest.

You can pull up only participated threads with the cruise critic app too. And really the advertising bar is not at all obtrusive. I barely notice it.

• Administrators
So I go on my phone to check in on cruise critic using the tap talk app and it prompts me to down load the new cruise critic app!!! They finally got around to making their own app. (It looks just like tap talk lol) thought I would share with anyone else out there you might be using their phones to keep up with cruise critic!

It is a branded version of Tapatalk, which is why it looks so familiar to you.

• Administrators
Can you give me the actual name. I tried to do a search in the App Store and couldn't find it.

Thanks

You can find it by searching "CruiseCritic" or just "cruise". It is free. Yes, there are ads hence the free-ness :)

• Administrators
I also paid Tapatalk 99cents for the unlimited photo hosting package which works way better than the CC hosted thumbnails that are't large enough to see well.

This is actually VERY true. I was skeptical, but absolutely love this add-on to Tapatalk.

Archived