Spicelands Riding Center?

leonadeb

I am hoping to take a trail ride at Spicelands Riding Center when our Ship is in Port at the Dockyard. Has anyone been riding here? How do you suggest getting there from the Dockyard and was it work the expense to do so?

I'm also interested in knowing whether the stables are more convenient to Hamilton or St. George.

Spicelands is closer to Hamilton.

We had a scooter when we went, but I believe you could take a bus if desired.

You might find public transportation information on their website, or perhaps email them for it. Go to: http://www.spicelandsriding.com/

7_2_121.gif

I called Spicelands Riding Center #441-238-8212 and they said that coming from the dockyards I would need to take the #8 Middle Road Bus and get off at the Spicelands Riding Center bus stop. If you are coming from a different area I don't know if it is a different bus you would take or not.:)

• 2 weeks later...

:) This was a terrific trail ride. We saw many of the beaches and Johnny stopped at the edge of horse shoe Bay and took pictures of everyone who brought their cameras with them. It was the 8:30 ride. He said he can't always do that on the later rides because of the crowds I guess. The horses were beautiful. Oh, and you can get there taking the bus. Just ask the driver where to get off.

Thanks for the info leonadeb! I'm considering doing the 8:30am trailride in August. Can you tell me what time you needed to get on the bus to get to Spicelands on time? And what time did you need to be there for the ride? Also, were you coming from the Dockyard or another area?

Thanks!

I was coming from the Dockyards and I took the 7:05 am #8 Hamilton bus and arrived at Spicelands about 8:00 AM. (this was the weekday bus schedule) It would normally not have taken that long to get there but we ran into a traffic jam on the Middle Road due to an Accident. I sat up front next to the driver and asked him when I should get off. They like you at the Ranch 15 minutes prior to the ride. The bus is a lot cheaper then the taxi if you are coming from the Dockyards.

Coming from the Dockyard the Spicelands Ranch is on the right so you need to cross the road (carefully) after you exit the bus. Don't go in front of the bus though, wait til he pulls away. If you are returning to the Dockyards your bus stop will then be on the same side of the road as Spicelands so you need not cross the road again. (this would be reversed if you are coming from Hamilton). The bus schedule that they gave us on the VOS ship did not include any of the bus times before 8:00 am but they were still included with the bus pass purchased on the ship. So you can get an up to date bus schedule when you get off the ship that includes all of the times. Have fun!

I rode Denby and he was great!

• 2 weeks later...

We did the 6 p.m. ride last week. Only 5 people on it and it was great. We rode on the dune and on the edge of the beach. It was a really nice time. We caught a 4:45 bus from Hamilton and were at the stable by 5:15. The bus stop (#8 bus) is less than 50 yards from the stable driveway.

Highly reccomended.

Hey that's great to know! When I go back, I will do that.

It's sometimes difficult to find stables that offer advanced rides. Club Med had one of the best ones I've ever been on. We were galloping through the desert-- around catus, and then we went bareback riding in the ocean while the horses were swimming.

I think the horses had more fun than we did. They just loved the ocean!

• 11 months later...

Archived