NCL where is Cagney's new menu/new enhancements

big green

I don't think you'll see it on the NCL site anytime before they have begun using it. The reason is simple - if they published it now and folks saw it they would be expecting it on their cruise. If these folks were on cruises before the changes went in effect, they might be dissappointed that the menu on the NCL site didn't match up the the menu they saw onboard.

I could be wrong, but I don't think NCL publishes any menus for any dining venues.

I'm sure a CC member will post the new menu as soon as it is rolled out on a ship. You'll get a lot more info asking them.

NCL has "sample menus" for many of the specialty restaurants on their website. You can access them by clicking on "ships" (and picking a ship) then "what's on board" then "eat" and then click the "+" sign next to the restaurant name and then select "sample menu." Here's the one currently showing for Cagney's on the Epic (it's the old menu since it says 6/12 in the lower right corner and the cover charge is $25):

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/18374_Cagneys%20Epic%20web.pdf

I don't have a menu, but when we were on the Pearl in March they had just changed the menus and I thought the food was AMAZING! It was so good we went back a second time. The baked potato soup was very very good and the steak wasn't bad either. :)

I don't have a menu, but when we were on the Pearl in March they had just changed the menus and I thought the food was AMAZING! It was so good we went back a second time. The baked potato soup was very very good and the steak wasn't bad either. :)

That is great to know since I booked a reservation fro the DH and myself as his birthday celebration! Plus I love baked potato soup!

I just booked Cagney's for our upcoming Dawn cruise but didn't realize the menu I saw was not what I may get. Do you think there will be big changes? DH is a very picky eater. I booked for our first night. I sure hope I don't regret it.............

I just booked Cagney's for our upcoming Dawn cruise but didn't realize the menu I saw was not what I may get. Do you think there will be big changes? DH is a very picky eater. I booked for our first night. I sure hope I don't regret it.............

I figure the steak is the main piece so anything else can be changed. Did you try calling NCL and asking stating your husband has some dietary concerns. Perhaps that will give you a clearer answer on what to expect.

Just my two cents...Sometimes nicer restaurants' menus change daily or weekly depending on the season and what fresh ingredients the kitchen can get. Therefore it's good to see the menus on the web.

It's nice to know beforehand what types of food are offered, especially if there are "house favorites". If the wine list is substantial it makes sense to look it over before dining out. For instance, the restaurant that I work with has over seventeen hundred (1,700) different selections.

As of today, the NCL specialty restaurants don't really need reservations made way in advance, except maybe for Teppanyaki. If the quality of the food and service go up and more people dine more often in the specialties, guests will have to reserve before boarding.

If the quality of the food and service go up and more people dine more often in the specialties, guests will have to reserve before boarding.

I don't see that happening. Will they beat the waiters more? The price is going up, but the quality of food and service is stagnant at best.

I don't see that happening. Will they beat the waiters more? The price is going up, but the quality of food and service is stagnant at best.

In the case of Cagneys, I think that remains to be seen. They are just now starting to roll out the new menu on the ships and it has not been published or posted yet. And even if it was, you can't determine the quality and taste of a steak or anything else by looking at a menu. As far as quality and service, it was already good IMO. Am hoping it will soon be LeBistro good or better!

You still need feedback from cruisers, and food is very subjective, so you would need to eat there yourself to determine if YOU like it. Someone DID post here that they experienced the new menu on the Pearl and enjoyed it.

It's fun to look and plan your vacation and for some looking at the menus and sometimes making reservations is part of the experience. I made a few online reservations on the Epic because I wanted to ensure we had the time we wanted especially for Cirque since it was my birthday. This time with Alaska it was great to plan for the glacier crossing and my husband's birthday. It's true we can wait until we board which we also do and we have also changed our time and day :) Everyone plans the vacation different. Bon appetit!

I for one won't assume until I see the new menu and dine at Cagney's myself. :rolleyes:

I am hopeful that the changes are the result of numerous complaints regarding Cagney's lack of quality over the last couple of years.

I could be wrong, but I don't think NCL publishes any menus for any dining venues.

I'm sure a CC member will post the new menu as soon as it is rolled out on a ship. You'll get a lot more info asking them.

NCL does post a sample menu for most paid venues, but the site is woefully out of date, so I never expect those menus to be accurate. punkincc is right that CC posters will get you MUCH fresher information.

DML

Archived