$38 a night!!!

flip270

...does not include taxes or so-called port charges aka "non-discountable amounts." Also could not find anything on CCL's website and their reservations people didn't know anything about it! DUH.

Just checked carnival.com and found a 4 day to Bahamas out of Port Canaveral, interior room for $42/pp/per night ($169 before taxes/fees).

The information you heard was incorrect...it was the Fascination, not the Fantasy

Actually, the report was correct. I made the error. All I could remember was that the ship name began with an F & Fantasy came to mind.

Sorry............

I'm a brand new cruiser, lured in by this $38 deal.... that appears to be nowhere as others have found! :) I did find a site that reported there were lower prices in weeks just after all the bad reporting:

http://www.cheapestcruise.info/nyc-38-per-night-8-day-eastern-caribbean-cruise/

because I can't find any on Carnival now. That site also listed some other great deals though on various other cruise lines.

I'm tempted to try one of these deals for a short get away and I have to ask the question to all you experienced cruisers who have bad things to say about the discount prices / cruise lines:

For the price you pay (the cheapest I see is a ridiculously cheap $32 a night), how bad could a 3-4 day cruise be? I feel like for that price I'm going to enjoy it regardless. Enlighten me! (I'm not picky and I certainly cannot afford the high priced cruises anyway.) Thanks for your input! :D

Definitely do NOT lower your price!! I noticed a remarkable difference in <ahem> clientele on my last cruise. Don't want that to become a habit.

I agree with you! Lowering price will lead to an overall less enjoyable cruise experience. Always provide a high standard then charge what needs to be charged.

I am a NCL Lover.. With that said I will sail on any cruise line that gives me the best deal for the money. I sailed On the Carnival Conquest in February. Because I got a balcony on the lido deck for the same price NCL. had for a in side room on deck 4. True the entertainment sucked on the Conquest and the food, BUT that's not what I Cruise For.!!! I Had a Great time and got out of it what I wont'ed and NEEDED.

I'm a brand new cruiser, lured in by this $38 deal....

For the price you pay (the cheapest I see is a ridiculously cheap $32 a night), how bad could a 3-4 day cruise be? I feel like for that price I'm going to enjoy it regardless. Enlighten me! (I'm not picky and I certainly cannot afford the high priced cruises anyway.) Thanks for your input! :D

Go and enjoy.

Leaving Tuesday for my fourth cruise on Fantasy. I enjoy all sizes and all cruise lines.

Happy sails, and a warm welcome to Cruise Critic!

Kathy

NCL has to pay for the Breakaway,Getaway someway,so the prices stay high. Check the port charges from NYC,higher since Sandy. I sail both lines,price is a major decider,Carnival makes it possible for more people to sail by giving the best prices. I will book the Breakaway once but with the really high fares,compare the Bahamas sailings from NYC,I will go back to the Gem after that. Love to Cruise from New York City.

It's all supply and demand, and maximizing profits. If NCL or any other cruiseline is filling the ship or close, why would they lower price? And if the price is too low, then cuts will be made somewhere. No one is surprised by a limited selection of last minute low price cabins when the sailing isn't full, but this doesn't mean that prices are going to drop across the board. I want a good reasonable price and a quality experience. I don't want the price to be so low that I don't get the vacation experience I expect.

NCL current cheapest is $28pppd, $38 with tax, $50 with tax and tips

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cbooking/submitCruiseDetailsForm.html?packageId=3071677

16night IX $449

ONly RCI has anything cheaper(3 cruises 2 3n 1 15n)

15n Legend Suez canal $419 on the senior rate but $250tax. ($538+tx solo)

--------------

Ncl cheapest balcony $59pppn $67 with tax

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cbooking/submitCruiseDetailsForm.html?packageId=5862129

this was cheaper during the April 1st $80 off sale.

Archived