Old verses young

gardengirl2011

I also shrug off the misconception that HAL is just for the old. I am in my mid-30s and perfectly comfortable with HAL. Last thing I want to deal with is limbo contests, and how many ping pong balls does it take to roll down the lido covered in Crisco.

We went on our first HAL Cruise years ago when our son was 4. DH and I were in our late 30's and we didn't notice any real difference. That cruise was a 12 day Med out of Venice. If you are looking for tons of children's activities HAL is not for you, though the children's club staff were the best we have seen in all our cruises. I think once you are in your 30's age doesn't matter. We really enjoyed those cruises.

We haven't done a HAL in a few years but that is only because of itinerary. HAL is one of the best lines going.:)

I've told the story here before and don't mind telling it again but not in this thread. :D

Way off topic.

If another thread is more appropriate, I'll post it there. :)

Thanks for the interest.

i've told the story here before and don't mind telling it again but not in this thread. :d

way off topic.

If another thread is more appropriate, i'll post it there. :)

thanks for the interest.

link!!! :d

If you are bothered by us oldies then only you can make the decision on whether to cruise with us or not. I'm not insulted but I really don't understand the point of the question.

That must make two of us.

Thank you so much for searching this out

callmehalia!!

Reading from the first page of Sail7Seas-Almost on Carnival, I found the abridged version original was 13,000 characters, but did not allow positing so she abridged it to this:

Post 27: http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=1830441&postcount=27

Back to reading the rest of the thread now:)

Joanie

I'm glad I kept reading Sails posts about her Almost Cruised Carnival story:) It is a bit more detailed starting at Post 81 here: http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=67586&page=3

Now, I am off to read some more and see what, where why and how......

Joanie

Thanks, Joanie.

Yes, I wrote far more of the story in Posts # 81, #84 and # 98 in that thread.

You're terrific.

Thank you for doing the search.

What did you put in the search window? I'm curious.

Thanks. :)

I just put this into google:

carnival sail7seas site:forums.cruisecritic.com

The thread was the first one, and I flicked through it till I found the relevant post, so I could link to the right page.

I just put this into google:

carnival sail7seas site:forums.cruisecritic.com

The thread was the first one, and I flicked through it till I found the relevant post, so I could link to the right page.

I'm a terrible 'searcher' and am always trying to learn how to do better searches. I never would have put together that combination. :o

But I learned something so hopefully a next time, I'll be more proficient.

I'm a terrible 'searcher' and am always trying to learn how to do better searches. I never would have put together that combination. :o

But I learned something so hopefully a next time, I'll be more proficient.

See, Sail, we're never too old to learn;) (Don't forget to write down the instructions, LOL - I did!)

See, Sail, we're never too old to learn;) (Don't forget to write down the instructions, LOL - I did!)

:D YES, I actually did write it to use the pattern in the future.

If I didn't make note of it,,,,,, :o I'm liable to forget. :eek: :D

I've told the story on a few ships with a few Officers who specifically asked if we had ever sailed Carnival. It makes for 'fun' tabletop conversation. :)

Your almost cruise was a disaster. Since it has been ten years do I dare ask if you have had a good laugh telling the story to friends over a few drinks? Or is it still too soon? :)

This has turned into a bittersweet experience today, for me.

Our friend with whom we were on Carnival, the Husband, passed away two years ago and we dearly miss him. We remained very close friends all the years. There were lots of good times since that 'almost cruise' but never again a cruise with them.

Rereading the old thread, I saw the names of CC posters who are no longer with us, particulary 'ekerr' and 'kryos'. They were both such wonderful members of this community and I miss them both.

I also saw another poster's name, "Gizmo" in that thread. I have not seen a post from her in years. I hope she is fine and just no longer interested in CC or HAL.

Lots of memories.....

I also saw another poster's name, "Gizmo" in that thread. I have not seen a post from her in years. I hope she is fine and just no longer interested in CC or HAL.

Gizmo is a good friend of mine and we see each other for lunch quite often. She is fine but felt the quality on HAL had gone down so much an S suite no longer held the attraction for them that it used to. They are enjoying land resort vacations mostly in Mexico.

This has turned into a bittersweet experience today, for me.

Our friend with whom we were on Carnival, the Husband, passed away two years ago and we dearly miss him. We remained very close friends all the years. There were lots of good times since that 'almost cruise' but never again a cruise with them.

Rereading the old thread, I saw the names of CC posters who are no longer with us, particulary 'ekerr' and 'kryos'. They were both such wonderful members of this community and I miss them both.

Lots of memories.....

Unfortunately, as we age we seem to be missing more and more people who were important in our lives.

Archived