Dream or Oasis of the Seas???

jeremyp969

My family and I have been on the Dream and the Allure, and we are sailing the Dream again in August. We loved both ships but if your going for the entertainment hands down the Oasis is much, much better. The food and service is pretty much the same. The BIG difference to us is that while sailing on the Dream you felt like you were on a ship meaning you could see the water from nearly every public deck and it felt a little more personal. On the Allure (sister ship) you almost feel like you are in a HUGE hotel. You barely feel any motion and there aren't many windows besides in your cabin. Again we loved both but if you want that traditional cruise experience you will get that on the Dream. If you want a huge beautiful non personal experience but great shows go with the Oasis. You really can not go wrong with either. Have a great time.

• 1 month later...

We are just off the Oasis. (5-4-13) It was a fantastic cruise in all aspects. We sailed just the two of us and left our boys behind.

We want to book again for next May and bring the boys with us. We are trying to decide between the Dream and the Allure. For our sailing, the price difference is only 750.00 total. We will book two rooms either way, and Carnival was cheaper. Balcony and an inside room directly across the hall for our two boys (11-15) My boys want the water (pools-hot tubs-etc.)

Even though the Dream has the water slide I am still ALMOST convinced they would have more FUN on Allure.

If most things are comparable between the two lines, I am having a hard time trying to pick Carnival Dream over Royal's Allure. Ports are similiar, ships are totally different. We saw plenty of ocean on Oasis so that disconnect feeling was not there for us.

Loved reading your reviews and others, if I go by them, then I guess the choice is easy....Allure. Just doesn't seem that easy from where I am sitting!

Any other thoughts to help me decide???

Thanks again for all the fine posts on this subject!

I've been on both ships and I would definitely consider myself loyal to Carnival. That said, Oasis is truly an amazing thing. It is the most spectacular ship I have ever been on (and I've been on about 15 of them). The entertainment is amazing, the ship is stunning. We left wishing Carnival had a ship like that.

Am I in a rush to book another RCI cruise on just any of their ships? Nope. Was the Oasis an experience that I would recommend to others. Absolutely.

A difference in $750 for a week is a lot. That's usually one whole person's fare for the week and almost their tips too. That's more than two of us usually spend onboard the whole week too. I couldn't justify that much more.

Dream. 1800 extra is crazy. Royal food isn't good and the shows are too loud. Everyone I know that went to on Oasis or Allure said there was the longest lines they have ever seen. They waited 10 minutes for an elevator, when it usually takes one. Dream is filled with fun. They can go down the slide, mini golf, swim, watch TV, nice ship. The Oasis is crowded and the lines are crazy long. The Oasis usually sails out with 5500 people while the Dream usually sails with 3500. It could be more. Carnival all the way dude. You won't regret it.

Honestly, I would love to try the oasis just for the experience but the price is just way too high. I could cruise twice for what they charge.

I have sailed RCCL twice and absolutely did not like the food. The good thing about RCCL for Carnival? I always went back to CCl after taking an RCCL.

I know one day I will do the Oasis or Allure just to see it I guess and say I sailed her. I know the Oasis or Allure will be tied up at the same time as the freedom so it may get the bug in me.

I did sail the Dream and it is one of my favorite ships. We are doing the Freedom very, very soon. I am hoping to post some reviews when I get back.

Good luck with your decision

We chose the Dream. Having sailed on FotS our kids (6 & 9) enjoyed Carnival just as much without us having to spend the extra money again. We also had the Dreamworks experience-and while it was cute, it was a lot of lines waiting to meet characters/take pictures and it surely wasn't worth $1800. We decided this year to cruise on the Dream and do super awesome excursions at every port with the money we saved.

And the ice cream on Royal was only available from 11-7. Boo! We like it for breakfast and after dinner on Carnival! ;)

Dream. 1800 extra is crazy. Royal food isn't good and the shows are too loud. Everyone I know that went to on Oasis or Allure said there was the longest lines they have ever seen. They waited 10 minutes for an elevator, when it usually takes one. Dream is filled with fun. They can go down the slide, mini golf, swim, watch TV, nice ship. The Oasis is crowded and the lines are crazy long. The Oasis usually sails out with 5500 people while the Dream usually sails with 3500. It could be more. Carnival all the way dude. You won't regret it.

I don't know where your info comes from but I have read a lot of oasis/allure reviews and almost all say the same thing. That as big as these ships are they never seem crowded. Yes they carry over 6000 guests but if you check the passenger/space ratio the oasis and allure rank better than dream.

I was there, and experianced none of this....never waited for an elevator more than a minute or two and the food was really good. Only times it seemed crowded were the muster drill and sometimes when a show would let out, the shows were really cool. The ship is truly remarkable.

The Ice cream times didn't matter to us...after having all those wonderful deserts we needed no ice cream. Hot day, the ice cream is cool, other than that.......

I want to try the Dream, guess I'm just paranoid about being dissapointed after being on the Oasis.

Tough decision.....

Dream or Oasis of the Seas???

I can now say that I've experienced both of these ships, and the opinion I offer is mine, and mine alone.

I did three sailings on Carnival Dream. I would not repeat this ship again for any reason whatsoever, although I would consider some of the others in the CCL fleet. When the 'top voted CCL ships' are mentioned on a particular blog, the absence of Carnival Dream each and every time can not be completely overlooked.

Oasis of the Seas offered me an amazing cruise vacation experience, and I went into it knowing the ship would be more of a destination than the ports visited (although I did enjoy some quality time in the ports).

I would repeat the experience with no hesitation.

I find/found the food quality in the steakhouses of CCL superior to the steakhouses on RCCL. I've also read/heard that same opinion from other very-frequent cruisers I highly respect.

I find/found the entertainment quality of RCCL far superior to that on CCL, enough so that I'll be more bold and say the entertainment on Oasis of the Seas made everything I experienced on 30+ CCL cruises immediately look quite pathetic.

There's a valid reason producers on the Great White Way approached CCL (and a few other lines) to demand that every reference to Broadway be removed from the onboard stage productions as well as video/print media.

There's a valid reason producers on the Great White Way approached CCL (and a few other lines) to demand that every reference to Broadway be removed from the onboard stage productions as well as video/print media.

Interesting!

Just like Don - we've sailed the Dream three times. We've sampled the Allure, and somehow managed to be on the same Oasis sailing as Don! :D Had a great time to be sure.

We feel the same way in that the Dream is not going to see us onboard for a FOURTH trip (disclaimer: we booked all three Dream cruises prior to the ship going into service!)

I will say though, the elevators (on sea days) on the Oasis did seem taxed. SEVERAL times they'd arrive at our floor already jam packed... sometimes waiting for a second or third. That said, we're already trying to work in an Allure or Oasis sailing into our plans - probably in the same cabin as well!

Tom

We're sailing the Dream and Oasis b2b later in the year. We're booked in balcony cabins on both ships and the cost of the Oasis after taxes and port fees was about $250 higher for the two of us. One can argue that a $250 savings makes it worthwhile to pick the dream, and use that savings to apply to your onboard account but my thoughts are why buy Bologna when ten cents more gets you Ham? Its going to be a great chance to compare and I know each might excell over the other in certain catagories but having sailed both cruise lines I think we already know which one is going to be better overall.

Archived