RCI in Liverpool?

Just finished reading the March Ask Adam Blog and found an interesting comment by Adam. Someone asked Adam about the possibility of RCI putting a ship into Liverpool and actually mentioned the Vision and Adam's comment did not outright dismiss the idea as he normally does but was a "stay tuned"

This could actually work with the Vision as she is being moved from Panama to Miami in April 2014 and then could do a TA to be in Europe for the Summer. This would of course go against the other theory that she would replace the Majesty but I don't think the Majesty is leaving just yet.

This is interesting. I live in Liverpool and although I haven't heard of any RCI ship coming here in the near future, our cruise terminal is certainly being expanded and promoted. We already have other cruise lines including Princess, but up until now Southampton have always made it very difficult for other major lines to dock anywhere else. This is now changing and Liverpool looks forward to welcoming more tourists here. We're already a major tourist destination in the UK.

Here are a couple points to consider. First, RC has no British Isles cruises listed for 2014, while there are two in 2013, out of Copenhagen.

Second, neither the Navigator nor the Vision have cruises listed after the end of April. The Navigator will be in Galveston, and the Vision will have sailed from Panama to Miami.

Both will sail in Europe in 2013 during the summer.

At some point, both ships need to have schedules for May, 2014 and beyond. Perhaps RC is working on schedules for one ship to sail out of Liverpool next year, if Adam was a bit evasive on his blog.

[quote=

This could actually work with the Vision as she is being moved from Panama to Miami in April 2014 and then could do a TA to be in Europe for the Summer. This would of course go against the other theory that she would replace the Majesty but I don't think the Majesty is leaving just yet.

The cruise from Colon to Miami is now unavailable.

This would be awesome. We traveled to London and Liverpool in 2012, passing up on any cruise for that year and loved it. I thought Liverpool was a great city. I am a huge Beatles fan, so that was some of the appeal, but everything non-Beatle related was excellent as well. I'm hoping to be able to return there one day, I really thought it was beautiful.

In our local paper the Liverpool Echo I'm sure I read an article mentioning the Vision of the Seas coming to Liverpool. I can't find it now though!

My sister is the manager of a 550 stately home and estate in the suburbs of Liverpool which is open to the public. Now and again coach parties of Japanese tourists turn up (they are massive Beatles fans and absolutely love Liverpool). After their visit they're often taken to a local pub for lunch where my daughter happens to work. They don't know what to order and their guide will suggest traditional British or Liverpool food such as cottage pie, scouse or fish & chips. They are amazed by it when it's served, haven't a clue what it is and then take loads of pictures of the food!

Edinburgh is getting more popular as a cruise stop every year. They must tender though. This year we have MSC Magnifica, Caribbean Princess every 2 weeks. HAL and Cunard are regular. Azamara and smaller ships port at Ocean Terminal. Vision comes here every 2 years.

There is a lot of interest up here and cruise day in St Andrews is busy with golf excusions.

Maybe Rci see a market here and want to give an option from Southampton. Dublin, Iceland and Norway isn't far from here either.

Have to keep a look out

Edinburgh is getting more popular as a cruise stop every year. They must tender though. This year we have MSC Magnifica, Caribbean Princess every 2 weeks. HAL and Cunard are regular. Azamara and smaller ships port at Ocean Terminal. Vision comes here every 2 years.

There is a lot of interest up here and cruise day in St Andrews is busy with golf excusions.

Maybe Rci see a market here and want to give an option from Southampton. Dublin, Iceland and Norway isn't far from here either.

Have to keep a look out

Cool!

The last time I went to Edinburgh, I was a student studying in the UK.

Hope to go there again some day.

Sailed from Harwich last year and being from the North, it's a pain to get to. Having a base in the North would be a great idea and Liverpool would be fab. Had a weekend there last year and it's a great place to visit too

As a Scouser (native of Liverpool for those who may not have heard the term before) I'd be thrilled if RCI chose to homeport a ship in my home city.

The first mainstream cruise line offering a decent family friendly ship sailing from Liverpool would get all of our cruise business.

Debbie :)

Here are a couple points to consider. First, RC has no British Isles cruises listed for 2014, while there are two in 2013, out of Copenhagen.

Second, neither the Navigator nor the Vision have cruises listed after the end of April. The Navigator will be in Galveston, and the Vision will have sailed from Panama to Miami.

Both will sail in Europe in 2013 during the summer.

At some point, both ships need to have schedules for May, 2014 and beyond. Perhaps RC is working on schedules for one ship to sail out of Liverpool next year, if Adam was a bit evasive on his blog.

I was reallllly hoping to book a British Isles cruise like the 2013 cruise for next year. I'm looking at the Infinity out of Harwich, it has a stop in Liverpool. This is definitely of interest to me!

The Vision is out of FLL next year. I'll keep an eye on the Navigator though.

Archived