Mt Fuji

nsync

Has anyone been able to climb Mt Fuji in one day? We're hoping to start early in the morning and make it back that night, but have only found buses that depart Tokyo at 7 am and the last one back is 3 pm, which isn't enough time for us. Thank you for your input!

Has anyone been able to climb Mt Fuji in one day? We're hoping to start early in the morning and make it back that night, but have only found buses that depart Tokyo at 7 am and the last one back is 3 pm, which isn't enough time for us. Thank you for your input!

Why don't you just spend the night at a resort in the Mount Fuji area. Or you could take the Shinkansan train back in the evening.

I would also suggest you try to stay near Mt. Fuji overnight after your climb. The Lake Kawaguchi area should have some nice inns.

The window for the climbing season is kind of narrow, so you might want to double-check that you will be here during climbing season. If not, you can take a full day bus tour from Tokyo that takes you as far as the 5th station and visits Hakone on the way back to the city. The concierge at your hotel can steer you in the right direction for that kind of tour. My parents were here before the climbing season started and took a Grayline tour from a major hotel and were reasonably satisfied with it.

Hope it all works out. Best of luck,

Kate

I would also suggest you try to stay near Mt. Fuji overnight after your climb. The Lake Kawaguchi area should have some nice inns.

The window for the climbing season is kind of narrow, so you might want to double-check that you will be here during climbing season. If not, you can take a full day bus tour from Tokyo that takes you as far as the 5th station and visits Hakone on the way back to the city. The concierge at your hotel can steer you in the right direction for that kind of tour. My parents were here before the climbing season started and took a Grayline tour from a major hotel and were reasonably satisfied with it.

Hope it all works out. Best of luck,

Kate

There also is a bus tour that takes you to Mount Fuji and allows you to take the Shinkansan Train back to Tokyo Station. Cost is about $145 US per person.

Archived