San Juan Debark to Plane timeframe????

My wife and I are going on the Adventures of the Seas in October. We have yet to book our plane. I have been told in this forum that I can fly in during the day and take our bags to the Ship then hang out in San Juan till close to sailing time.

Question on the other end. We Debark at 8:30am the following week. How long does it take to get your bags etc. Go through customs etc. and get to the airport?

Thanks

HI: You are in for a great treat; you would have to fly red eye, or go in the day before. You can check your bags, and then wander off. I have sailed from San Juan twice, and went in the day before, not arriving until close to 10:00PM. The ship is in full swing, and dinner is served on time, even though the ship sails at 10:00PM. As I am a Diamond member I was off the ship by 8:30AM. I stayed over another day before going home. However, I would not book a flight before close to noon, for your return. Getting off of the ship was very very quick. Please let me know if you need any further information as we are both from the west coast. Karen

Karen, By "full swing" on sailing day..... do I read that as .... we can board in the afternoon... eat in the dining room...etc.... then the ship sails at 10pm..

I also heard that we can deposit our bags on board then hang out in San Juan until later.

Thanks.

Victor

Hi Victor - Boarding starts around 12:30; if you chose you can leave your bags and walk around Old San Juan - the area is near the port. The Life Boat drill is at 10:00PM - so you really have all day. I chose to board early as I have been in San Juan several times before. I took the time to explore the ship before it was too crowded, get my lugggage put away etc. etc. Yes, the ship schedule is just like ones that sail at 5:00PM. However, the dining room isn't full because of people flying in all day. The ship is beautiful and you will have a wonderful time. Let me know if you need any more information.

Archived