kids club question

eynsteinp

Is there an age that children can sign themselves in and out of the kids club? My kids are 11 and they tend to get bored after a while and would enjoy it more if they knew that they could leave when they were done. We have never sailed NCL before but I believe that on Carnival the age was 10. Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for the information. If I can ask a followup question - Are 11 year olds entertained in the kids club? When we were on Carnival last year they really were bored and thought a lot of the activities were geared for the younger kids.

Thanks for the information. If I can ask a followup question - Are 11 year olds entertained in the kids club? When we were on Carnival last year they really were bored and thought a lot of the activities were geared for the younger kids.

We were just on the Epic. My son is 12. We have mostly sailed carnival. He loved that he could sign himself out. As a previous poster said it was only after 2 hours. He said he was the oldest one there and it was geared more to the 10 year olds. He also did not like that he had to wait 2 hours before signing himself out. He only went twice.

I think there might be some misinterpretation to the 2hr requirement. I will confirm this next month. It is age 10 where they are allowed if parents give permission.

When we were on the Sun this past February, my son was 9. I knew that he would be 10 on his next cruise, so I asked some questions after reading the paperwork. The way I understood the explination was after they have attended for 2 hours, Then they would be able to begin signing themselves in and out. So if they attended the first evening from 8pm to 10:30 pm and parents did the sign in and out, then from that point forward the 10 y/o could have the privledge if parents granted it.

The 2 hour requirement is pretty straight forward. Once signed in, they cannot sign themselves out until at least two hours later. The reason? They didn't want little bobby's parents to drop him off so they could go see a show, only to have little bobby immediately exit the club without his parent's knowledge or availability.

Also, they can't sign themselves out at all unless you give permission.

I think there might be some misinterpretation to the 2hr requirement. I will confirm this next month. It is age 10 where they are allowed if parents give permission.

When we were on the Sun this past February, my son was 9. I knew that he would be 10 on his next cruise, so I asked some questions after reading the paperwork. The way I understood the explination was after they have attended for 2 hours, Then they would be able to begin signing themselves in and out. So if they attended the first evening from 8pm to 10:30 pm and parents did the sign in and out, then from that point forward the 10 y/o could have the privledge if parents granted it.

Sorry, that's not the way it worked on our last two cruises. The 2 hour minimum applied to EACH visit.

Quick question on this topic for those with experience . . . is it safe to assume that an older child with sign-out privileges cannot sign out a younger sibling? My soon-to-be 11-year-old was asking if she'd be able to sign out her 8-year-old sister so they can leave together. I told her I didn't think so - that she'd have to sign out, come find me, and then I'd have to go back & get her sister. Do I have this right?

Archived