Tampa Hotel

Beth

We are going out of Tampa next month and I am looking for a decent hotel with free parking while we are on the cruise. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I talked to Embassy Suites and it was $200. It wil be my husband and me and our two daughter 18 & 20. Thanks for any help

It depends where you are looking? Near the port....there is the Marriott Waterside which if you can find a promotion it can be quiet reasonable although it doesn't have free parking. But I guess $150 with $12 for parking is better than $200. If it doesn't need to be near the port then there is the new Renissance at International Mall or the Hyatt on the Causeway, both are very nice.

My wife and I are trying Sailport Resort in Tampa. It is a suite with a queen in the bedroom and a pullout in the living area with a full kitchen. It also has it own private beach on the bay. They offer a sail away package for 119.00. Free parking and shuttle to and from port. I know very little about the hotel but for one night we thought we could try it.

My wife and I are trying Sailport Resort in Tampa. It is a suite with a queen in the bedroom and a pullout in the living area with a full kitchen. It also has it own private beach on the bay. They offer a sail away package for 119.00. Free parking and shuttle to and from port. I know very little about the hotel but for one night we thought we could try it.

I don't know much about Sailport either but my SIL stays there and is happy with it. SHe is quiet picky so I think it will be okay. The location can't be beat, there are several places to eat near by...Crawdaddys, Rust Pelican and Bahama Breeze.

You can always look on trip advisor and see the reviews.

Kelly

We are going out of Tampa next month and I am looking for a decent hotel with free parking while we are on the cruise. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I talked to Embassy Suites and it was $200. It wil be my husband and me and our two daughter 18 & 20. Thanks for any help

Beth,

What cruise are you heading out on? We are on the July 3 sailing of the Miracle. Most of the others I know are staying at the Tampa Marriott (waterside I believe) and we are at the Wyndham Harbor Island, which is only 5 blocks away from the port. They seemed to be very Accommodating to us. Said they would take care of us getting to port even though they have no shuttle service there, so you might not have any problems with leaving your car there. The rates are very reasonable also. And from what I have been told, and so far have seen, they are outstanding in customer satisfaction.

Hope this helps.:D

Serena

We are staying the night before at the Chase Woodfin Suites on their cruise special. A 2 bedroom suite is $159 per night and includes breakfast the next morning. They will you up at the airport and take you to the port and bring you back to the hotel or airport. You can leave your car there while cruising for free.

They seem to have good reviews on cruise critic and travel advisor so I'm hoping it will be a good deal.

If you get a 1 room suite the couch is the sleeper and it's about $30 cheaper!

Have fun!

I have been calling around and a lot of the hotels say they don't offer shuttle busses to the port but can call a taxi. I like the idea of a shuttle. Also there are some that offer free parking and some that charge like $3-$7 a day for parking. I am still trying to find one that stays within budget and offers free shuttle and free parking. I will have to call some of the ones mentioned here. Good Luck

Guest nhrich
Do you have the phone number for the Sailport Resort? Thanks

800-255-9599

Their website is http://www.sailport.com.

We toured the property last month while we were in Tampa, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there or put clients there.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

We stayed at the Chase Suites last November and it was great. We stayed on a Wednesday so got the freebie cocktail/snack hour. More like dinner really, burgers and dogs. My sister and I just got the studio and I slept on the pull out couch. That mattress was better than some beds! :) Also used shuttle to and from airport and then to and from the port. Absolutely no problems and for the price can't beat what you get. Would definitely stay there again.

Archived