? a day on a Motu

Hflors

I would like to take a tour to a Motu on Bora Bora. I don't want to do anything but sit in the sun. Lay in the crystal clear water. I would like a lunch. Does anyone know if such a tour?

Thanks

Helen

Do you mean a motu/tour all to yourself?

Private BBQ/Motu

No it doesn't need to be "private" If I could just find a tour company to just drop me off before they take everyone else to snorkel etc I could be happy. I just want to spend the day relaxing in the clear blue water and the white sand beach. If other people are there thats ok with me. Are there any tours like that?

Depending on which ship you can go hang out at a resort for the day. The Thalasso is probably the easiest. The PG offers this in their tours, here is the write up:

A Day at the Beach (Bora Bora) (BRB-001)

An eco-friendly jewel in the South Pacific, the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa is located between the “two hearts” of Motu Pita Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. Enjoy a day poolside or at the beach, swimming in the pristine azure lagoons. Complimentary use of paddle board, windsurf, kayak, snorkeling equipment, and (outrigger) is included.

Guests will transfer via taxi from Vaitape to the InterContinental Le Moana and shuttle transfer to the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa. Your excursion also includes a two-course lunch (a main course plus either appetizer or dessert), served at the poolside restaurant. Beverages, spa treatments, and certain activities can be purchased at the resort at an additional cost.

$120

OK, here is an idea. Contact the Hilton Nui on Bora Bora and see if you can pay a fee to use their facility in cluding a lunch.

If the answer is yes (and it probably will be) you will get off the ships tender and at the same location the Hilton boat shuttle picks up at 9am, 1030am and then once an hour thereafter. Easy on and off :)

We will be in Bora Bora on the Ocean Princess in November 2013. Yesterday I emailed the Hilton to enquire about the day pass and here is their reply:

"It will be our pleasure to welcome you in our Resort for a day pass. The amount is 12 000xpf per person (including taxes) with a 2-course lunch (no drinks included), access to our swimming pool, & all facilities of the Resort (kayaks, snorkelling equipment, beach towels,...), & roundtrip boat transportation from the main island to the Resort.

Is $125. the going rate for a day pass? The boat ride is a quick 10 minutes from the tender port. We had planned to go to the Hilton in Moorea and didn't think the day pass cost that much.

I have emailed the IC Bora Bora re. their day pass and hope for a reply shortly. I believe that their fee can be used for lunch, drinks, etc.

Bora Bora will always be more than Moorea ......... it is what it is

The cost is a bit less in Moorea but then you have the added cost of transportation ;)

SO TRUE !!!!!!!

So often when on an excursion we hear about how someone got a much better deal on Moorea

I have no geat interest to get 0ff at Moorea any longer.

Nancy:D:D

Hilton Nui picture :)

hammocknexttoinfinitypool_zpsc0b3b233.jpg

This is EXACTLY what I would like to do on Bora Bora (or Tahiti)!!!! Traveling alone - but this looks like a fantastic way to spend the day! Any info on how to find something like this that I can get from the ship? (Sapphire Princess in October/November).???

This is the answer you will get:

""It will be our pleasure to welcome you in our Resort for a day pass. The amount is 12 000xpf per person (including taxes) with a 2-course lunch (no drinks included), access to our swimming pool, & all facilities of the Resort (kayaks, snorkelling equipment, beach towels,...), & roundtrip boat transportation from the main island to the Resort."

Cost is $125 USD

You will grab the Hilton boat shuttle from the same location that the tenders will drop you off at. Easy do :)

Archived