RCI Enchantment wedding 6th April- REVIEW!

The day we boarded the ship we had a voicemail from the CPA (wedding coordinator) and we arranged to meet in The Viking Crown Lounge later that evening.

She made us feel at ease with everything and complimented our choices on music, flowers, cake etc etc. We passed all of our accessories in to her the following day and she assured us it would all be taken care of and we wouldn't need to do any of the planning/decorating.

The whole day was so relaxing- no stress and no tears either!

We started the day with room service breakfast on our cabin balcony with champagne bellinis- the view of St Thomas was breath taking!

We headed to the court house together in the car provided by Royal Romance. I had asked in advance whether the driver could drop me at the salon on the way back, but RR said no. I asked the driver that morning and he said no problem! After being sworn in and signing all the legal documents we headed our separate ways- I went to have my hair and make up done, and he went to Hooters.... yes you read that right!!! Hooters for a pint with my 2 brothers!

Our guests received a wedding invitation from the CPA a few days prior, asking them to arrive by 2:50pm. Apparently the wedding planners left decorating the ceremony room to the last minute and our guests started to get slightly worried when it was 3pm and there were no petals down the aisle, and they couldn't decide how to arrange the chair sashes we had brought with us, and also couldn't decide which way we should face. Mike, my new husband was apparently very assertive and made decisions on everything, and also demanded that they changed the flowers too as they looked awful! I had seem them previously and made it clear I did not like them.

Everything went perfectly, and the minister was so professional, yet friendly and made the ceremony fun and relaxed! All the guests commented on how good she was! I had made it clear I didn't want music played during the ceremony but they played our recessional music. We took a video camera to record the ceremony and unfortunately due to the music you cant hear us saying the vows!

After the ceremony we did the cake cutting and eating of course, and all 12 of us had a glass of champagne. We did not pay for everyone to have this! Then the photographer took us all around the ship for photos- at this point I should make it clear that the CPA only asked her favourite photographer on the ship to do our wedding photos that day, as we got off the ship to head to the court house! However, Olga the photographer was great! She didn't take up too much time- possibly 45-60 minutes maximum. We had photos taken in the ceremony room, centrum, schooner bar and on the bridge outside (the Caribbean Groove band were on the pool deck and played 'One Love' as we walked around, which was a great touch). We took it upon ourselves to get off the ship and have further photographs taken.

Then we went to freshen up and went to Chops Grille- the steak house on the ship for our wedding reception. We both had filet mignon for our mains, but I skipped the started and dessert because Id eaten too much cake haha! Everyone loved the food! We paid for the meal in advance, along with a bottle of champagne and water for the table. The staff couldn't do enough for us in there! Mike was allowed to go in earlier in the day and put some decorations on the table- just place settings and scatter diamonds. There was a florist onboard who could do small flower arrangements but they were expensive ($4 for a single red rose)!

We arranged for one of the singers on the ship, Danny to sing our first dance song whilst also playing the piano, and I also had a father-daughter dance too.We only arranged this whilst on the ship and tipped him $20 for doing this.

We danced the night away and everyone on the ship knew there was a wedding and were congratulating us all day and night!

A few days later we realised some of our items, including a card and gifts didn't make it back to us and has been thrown in the bin! We were offered $250 towards one of the photography packages and 2 of the most expensive photo frames available on the ship. We were happy with the compensation, however actually getting it was another matter and it ended in the second to last day being a totally wasted day of our honeymoon along with high stress and anxiety levels for us both to the point we made a formal complaint! Everyone we spoke to told us something different, and gave us different timeframes, and promises they couldn't deliver.

Congratulations. Thank you for your review

Please tell me about your experience before hand. I am less than 30 days a way and they are not communicating with me.

They will call you 2-3 weeks before. Make sure you have copies of everything you have confirmed with them. They tried to charge us twice for our cake because they didn't read everything properly!

Be aware that the person at royal romance knows very little about the ships and the ports! You will be assigned a wedding coordinator when you're on the ship who can help with the finer details. x

Hey,

Great review. Sorry about ur gifts! Maybe if someone was assigned to them this would've helped? Hope the rest of the days were good.

Megan

I did assign someone, however the CPA/Wedding coordinator took the responsibility from them and told us to leave everything and she would have it transferred to our room. Apparently she filled 2 bags (one with our wedding certificate and legal documents) and only 1 made it to the room. She blamed the cabin steward for throwing it in the trash. In my opinion she should have delivered it all herself!

Thanks ALOT for doing your Review and Even sharing some of your pix with us... Very nice.. I hope everything works out on what they are suppose to give you..

For this reason ALONE I have made sure I give my Mom something to take around with her,and if someone wants to give us something then they take it to her...

Congrats and I pray Plenty of Blessings YALLS way..

Archived