How is Deal or No Deal played?

berbet

I've seen the game show on TV. I see it is played on some (maybe all) NCL ships. How is it played? How do you get picked to be the one picking suitcases? It looks like cards are sold? Does only 1 person get to play? Can someone explain it to me? Thanks!

You buy cards... Twenty bucks each I think. They randomly choose one card based on the serial number and that person plays the game just like the game show (with smaller winnings). That person wins that much cash (or on board credit?). Audience members who were not chosen get to play, too if you bought a card but weren't chosen. You have a card that has all the cases on it and if case 3 is worth $5 in the game being played on stage and on your card, case 3 is also worth $5 then you have one match. Depending on the number of matches you can win a scratcher game (3 matches) up to a free cruise or cash. Each match you get obviously increases your winnings. Each session is two games long so you can win money twice. And you have two chances of being chosen to go on stage.

They also did this two or three nights of our six night cruise last October so it seems you usually have multiple chances per cruise. There is a limited number of cards per session they said but I do not believe they ever sold out.

It is fun. We played on the Gem & I was called up and wound up winning I think it was $420.00. They then put in right onto you OBC!! By playing in the audience you can with pictures, money, scratch off tickets & yes a cruise!!

It was kind of strange because they knew who had matches. They would announce things like, "Alicia B. has two matches" or "Karen M. now has three matches", so the cards must be programmed into the game and they know who has each card. At the end of the game, they call up the winners from the audience. I think there were three or four when I watched. One woman won a cruise.

Free Cruises, we like those, what games offer them now?

At one time you could win a free cruise with Bingo, I think that

has stopped but I don't know for sure.

From what I have read here on cc, the free cruise was really $1,000 towards a cruise.

It was kind of strange because they knew who had matches. They would announce things like, "Alicia B. has two matches" or "Karen M. now has three matches", so the cards must be programmed into the game and they know who has each card. At the end of the game, they call up the winners from the audience. I think there were three or four when I watched. One woman won a cruise.

They know who as what because there is a bar code on each card that they scan at the time of purchase. It is tied to your account.

Archived