New York Hotel

venusjems

This isnt related to a cruise I am going on... But i figured if anyone can help me someone here could! There isnt a NY link under ports (unless i am blind)

Anyway, I am planning on stopping in NYC on a return trip from visiting home this summer and I am looking for a place to stay. I know NOTHING about NYC, its just going to be for one night. We just want to walk around a do as much site seeing as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay? Everything I am finding online is about 200 a night, which i really dont want to pay. I am willing to walk/subway/taxi it if necessary..

Thanks in advance

200 a night in NYC is actually on the low side. I have gotten good prices at Holiday Inn Martinique, which is across the street from Macy's on 34th Street. Also, try www.hotelcarter.com. They have good prices and are right in Times Square. Be wary of any hotel that says it is "tourist class" or "european style" that usually means a shared bath in NYC. Also, be prepared for small rooms. Even at 200 a night, the rooms are relatively small. Doubletree Metropolitan on Lexington and 51st is nice, good sized rooms and significantly cheaper than Doubletree in Times Square. It is also right next door to several subway lines. It is likely going to be $200 a night. Also, NYC hotels put the full cost of your stay on your credit card when you check-in, not just the first night, so be prepared for a large hold on your card if you are staying more than one night. Let me know if there is anything else I can tell you.

Bridget

Ever think about staying in NJ? It's a quick bus ride away from NY and probably much cheaper. Click here: Secaucus New Jersey - Hotels in Secaucus NJ

The only problem with staying in Jersey or for that matter a burough is if you want to go back to the hotel during the day to leave packages, take a nap, etc. it's a pain.

Bridget

we just stayed at the best western president on 48th street about 1/2 block from times square - with taxes it was about 180 a night - the rooms were small but ok - the location is great if you jst want to walk around - it was crowded in times square when we were there

we just stayed at the best western president on 48th street about 1/2 block from times square - with taxes it was about 180 a night - the rooms were small but ok - the location is great if you jst want to walk around - it was crowded in times square when we were there

I work 2 blocks from Times Square, it is always crowded. The only time you might find it less crowded is Friday afternoon before a Monday holiday or during a blizzard. There was the big blackout, it was pretty empty then. LOL

Bridget

We stayed at the Travel Inn on 42nd street. I think the address is 515 W. 4nd street. We walked to Times Square and practically everywhere. We did take the subway to Chinatown and Ground Zero. If you have a car, it is free parking. We got a rate for $160 a night. Clean and very pleasant people.

There is a Comfort Inn on W 46th St 1/2 block from Times Square. Very reasonable rates. We cruised from New York last month and stayed in Secaucus at Embassy Suites. You walk right out front and catch the bus for $2.60 one way and it brings you right to the Port Authority. It worked great for us and we used the bus a few times each way.

Barbara had a good idea about Secaucus, NJ. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Meadowlands in Secaucus back in December. It was $84 per night, very clean, nice mall area with movie theaters, lots of food, etc and a short and very cheap bus ride (I believe $2 or so) to the new york port authority bus terminal.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/hmnnj

There is an old refurbished hotel in Bay Ridge, Bklyn, I thiink on 5th Ave. Used to be call the St. George. It is a quick subway trip to the city, and Bay Ridge itself is great for restaurants (3rd Ave. bet. 95th & 70th Sts.) It might be Holiday Inn now, I'm not sure. If you want more info I will checkit out for you

Doubletree Metropolitan on Lexington and 51st is nice, good sized rooms and significantly cheaper than Doubletree in Times Square. It is also right next door to several subway lines. It is likely going to be $200 a night.

I stayed at this hotel this past February. I had a wonderful time, excellent location, close to all the great shopping. We even hopped the train which was right outside the hotel and went to Harlem. Long walk to Empire State Building and Times Square but not too bad. We bought our room through Priceline for $80/night. I would do it again.

Barbara had a good idea about Secaucus, NJ. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Meadowlands in Secaucus back in December. It was $84 per night, very clean, nice mall area with movie theaters, lots of food, etc and a short and very cheap bus ride (I believe $2 or so) to the new york port authority bus terminal.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/hmnnj

If you don't know anything about NYC city, staying outside the city is going to make your trip fustrating. The Travel Inn is a decent hotel that is inexpensive for NYC hotel standards. Also check Affina.com for their hotels and Hotwire. Pick a Midtown hotel location.

Just booked a reservation at my usual Hotel I go to NYC every July. I love the Crowne Plaza in Times Square...I got a room for 159.00 a night on the weekend and it goes up to 179.00 on weekdays. Great Location...you can get to everywhere and you are in the middle of everything...

Archived