Please help us choose a cabin on Oasis.

My DH and I along with another couple are looking at booking the Oasis for next March. We are so excited to sail this beautiful ship, but all the cabin choices are a little overwhelming for us. We are thinking maybe an inside or an oceanview. Has anyone stayed in one of the insides near the public balconies? Would this be a good choice, and what cabin numbers are they? Thanks for helping!

I've done a lot of research since I decided to finally book Oasis. I'll share my opinion with you.

I would rather book an inside on an upper deck than an oceanview on a lower deck. The only use you will have with a window is natural light in the morning. There is not a great view and the window doesn't open. Usually, I would prefer an OV over no window, except on the newer Royal Caribbean ships, because they are always on a low deck or at the very front of the ship. On a ship the size of Freedom or larger, location is key. Waiting on elevators to go up tot he pool deck, Windjammer, etc can be a really frustrating. Also, if you are somebody who doesn't want to walk distances, these ships are very long and require a lot of walking, even with a convenient cabin. Double the walking if you are booked at the front or rear of the ship.

We usually book balconies, but if I were to book an inside or oceanview room on Oasis, I would book a category Q inside. They are the cheapest cabins, but ironically, the best location on the ship, right next to the aft elevator bank. These cabins tend to go fast. If not, I would book an inside near the forward elevator banks. A lot of people seem to recommend Deck 8 because it is pretty central. It is the deck of Central Park, a couple floors above the boardwalk, and a reasonable distance from the pool deck, dining rooms, and main theatre.

Bottom line, personally, would avoid oceanview on this class of ship unless you are willing to splurge for a balcony. It will be a long walk/elevator ride for little benefit. I would put the money towards onboard spending or excursions.

I hope that helps!

I would book an inside an watch for a price drop. Many times the boardwalk balcony or central park balcony is offered at a lower price than the inside cabins.

whatever you end up with, I'm sure you will enjoy your trip. It is such an wonderful ship.

Our first cruise 33 years ago was an inside on a Sitmar ship. I wouldn't/haven't done an inside since. My issue with being inside is you never know what time it might be or if it's AM/PM. Nobody likes to set an alarm clock to get up on vacation and nobody likes to have to "wake up" to look at the clock to see if it's 4:30 AM, 6:30 AM, or 9:30 AM. Nope, I like to see the sunrise glow even if the view is of a lifeboat.

My DH and I along with another couple are looking at booking the Oasis for next March. We are so excited to sail this beautiful ship, but all the cabin choices are a little overwhelming for us. We are thinking maybe an inside or an oceanview. Has anyone stayed in one of the insides near the public balconies? Would this be a good choice, and what cabin numbers are they? Thanks for helping!

If you want an inside cabin.....go with one behind Central Park....(cabins begin with an 8). It is sooo nice and quiet. There are major doors that separate the cabins from the public places. It was perfect.

Please keep in mind that March is Spring Break..:eek:

If you have to fly in, airfare and hotels are ridiculous.

As you'll see in my sig I was in Oasis 11229 - central park balcony. We had a very pleasant surprise when we arrived... a bigger than expected balcony! If you look at the image it looks like it's the same size as the others, but it's not, it extends a little into the unused space and no one on that side. In that space is some neat lighting they use in Central Park.

Now, yes, you look out and can see other ppl's rooms, which some ppl complain about, but it didn't phase me. There isn't a ton of air moving out there, which can be a challenge to enjoy exterior balconies at times. Being over Central Park was lovely and peaceful... no screaming kids like I'd expect on a Boardwalk balcony.

Best part... yep, it was pretty inexpensive. I scored our room for less than the interior and that was before the diamond discount on a balcony!

-Judy

Been on Oasis and Allure. We had a balcony facing Boardwalk on one trip and an outside balcony on the other. Because the ship is so large and I must say beautiful, without an ocean view/balcony, we never felt like we were on a ship. I would say if you can afford it, definitely take an outside balcony! :o

Archived