Excursion Options in Nassau with Disney Dream

cruisealert

We are on a 4 night cruise on Disney Dream June 9-13 with our family including 4 grandkids 7 - 14 . We have looked at Nassau excursions and opted for Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter. We thought this would be less crowded than anything at Atlantis. Does anyone have any insights/suggestions

Going on that excursion on Monday the 22nd with my wife and daughter (9) - will let you know what to expect! We chose this excursion since it doesn't require swimming - not sure how comfortable the girls will be in the water with the dolphins yet.

going on that excursion on monday the 22nd with my wife and daughter (9) - will let you know what to expect! We chose this excursion since it doesn't require swimming - not sure how comfortable the girls will be in the water with the dolphins yet.

look forward to reading your response. Have a great cruise with great weather!!

We did this excursion and it was very nice. We enjoyed watching other people interacting with the dolphins on their dolphin swim after our encounter was done. We also enjoyed the Blue Lagoon beach for a while. My only regret is that I didn't get the squished penny from the squished penny machine.

You might want to bring some sort of snack. We paid $2.50 for a very small bag of Lays potato chips :eek: from the snack shop next to the gift shop.

We did this excursion and it was very nice. We enjoyed watching other people interacting with the dolphins on their dolphin swim after our encounter was done. We also enjoyed the Blue Lagoon beach for a while. My only regret is that I didn't get the squished penny from the squished penny machine.

You might want to bring some sort of snack. We paid $2.50 for a very small bag of Lays potato chips :eek: from the snack shop next to the gift shop.

Thanks. Good info

I concur. BL is awesome. :)

I will bet your group, considering the ages, will be more satisfied with the BL excursion, than anything ashore, such as Atlantis.

Especially when the port is filled with ships, such as the Epic and Oasis.

In other words, Atlantis and the beaches becomes super crowed when mega ships are in port.

Have you searched which ships will be joining you in port?

I guess why bother if you will not be on said island. ;)

Good luck, and enjoy.

I concur. BL is awesome. :)

I will bet your group, considering the ages, will be more satisfied with the BL excursion, than anything ashore, such as Atlantis.

Especially when the port is filled with ships, such as the Epic and Oasis.

In other words, Atlantis and the beaches becomes super crowed when mega ships are in port.

Have you searched which ships will be joining you in port?

I guess why bother if you will not be on said island. ;)

Good luck, and enjoy.

tTANKS FOR INSIGHT. HAVE NOT CHECKED, BUT THINK WE WILL JUST STAY WITH BLUE LAGOON.

We did the Sea Lions a week ago. Everything about Blue Lagoon was great. I wouldn't be too cheap and miss the conch fritters for $7. They were a great fresh taste of the island. There is snorkeling on the atlantic reef side, but it is very very hard to get to since you have to very carefully climb over rocks. However, it is very natural and there were only 2 of us snorkeling! Compared to the riffraff on the lagoon 'swimming pool' side, I loved this beach. There were lounges and shade there as well and not people fighting over lounges. Nice hammocks every where. I can't say enough about the animal encounter. All the dolphin ones look great too. Maybe my husband and I will go back in a yr or two and do that one together. I think I would like it better than Atlantis because it is less touristy resort (although I'm sure they are quite upscale) and more the natural island setting. Tyler Perry and his band were rehearsing so we got a 'free' concert too. We bought the whole photo package and DVD that the photographers took, they are very careful to only get good photos (not sell you your kid with blinking photos) and our Dad also took great candid photos from the observation deck too. So if you have someone who is coming to the Island for the day but isn't doing an animal encounter, they can still come to watch you, so don't leave them behind unless you want to!

Have a great time. I would definitely go back to Blue Lagoon. And with DCL being so organized, we were actually the first animal encounter of the day and had a very enthusiastic little sea lion!!!

We are on a 4 night cruise on Disney Dream June 9-13 with our family including 4 grandkids 7 - 14 . We have looked at Nassau excursions and opted for Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter. We thought this would be less crowded than anything at Atlantis. Does anyone have any insights/suggestions

To be fully honest, I much prefer staying on board in Nassau. None of the excursions I've done have been worth the hassle and money -- although admittedly I haven't been to the Dolphin encounter excursion. I love the 1/2-empty ship with lots of activities and able to ride the aquaduct with the kids over and over with fairly short lines.

BL was great! Our excursion met up in the D Lounge on deck 4 at 12:45, and it had just started to pour, so the cast members brought out Disney parks ponchos for everyone. After we had everything squared away, we left the ship and walked over to the waiting boat, which left after boarding our group of about 40. The rain stopped, and we went for the half-hour ride to BL Island (with one stop at Atlantis to pick up a few passengers there). Arrival on the island was nice and easy - after a ten minute talk from the BL staff on do's and dont's with the dolphin, we were split into two groups of twenty and sent down to meet the dolphins. Each family was brought into the water separately for a family photo, then the groups were taken ten at a time for the encounter session. Lots of time with each person, great interaction with both the dolphin and staff members. Highly recommend this excursion.

BL was great! Our excursion met up in the D Lounge on deck 4 at 12:45, and it had just started to pour, so the cast members brought out Disney parks ponchos for everyone. After we had everything squared away, we left the ship and walked over to the waiting boat, which left after boarding our group of about 40. The rain stopped, and we went for the half-hour ride to BL Island (with one stop at Atlantis to pick up a few passengers there). Arrival on the island was nice and easy - after a ten minute talk from the BL staff on do's and dont's with the dolphin, we were split into two groups of twenty and sent down to meet the dolphins. Each family was brought into the water separately for a family photo, then the groups were taken ten at a time for the encounter session. Lots of time with each person, great interaction with both the dolphin and staff members. Highly recommend this excursion.
Thanks so much for the detailerd description. Sounds like it will be great!!

Archived