La Quinta Inn -- Fort Lauderdale Airport

psimon57

We currently have reservations but not too sure about the area. Anyone stay there recently? Looking for the good, bad and ugly.

I hate to tell you this, but there is no such place as Fallon, MO.

The area around the La Quinta is comparable to Wentzville. It's on the south end of Oakwood Plaza Mall and close to Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, TGI Friday's, Dave and Buster's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Hollywood Ale House and Wendy's.

We currently have reservations but not too sure about the area. Anyone stay there recently? Looking for the good, bad and ugly.[/quote

I stayed there precruise in November and it was an ok place. It was clean, breakfast was good and close to shopping & restaurants.

Would I stay there again? For a good price yes.

I also stayed there last November and would stay there again. In fact I looked into booking a room for next January but the rate was $175 for the night. Guess 7 ships in port on that day makes the price that high.

Don

I just discovered a little known deal with La Quinta just this week. If you pick up a copy of HotelCoupons.com in Denny's (usually green) or McDonald's (usually red) you will find coupons in there for the Hollywood La Quinta for $69 per night. The catch is it has to be a walk-in and occupancy has to be below 85% at check-in. The trick is to check-in as early as possible before their occupancy goes up even if they don't have a room ready. Just tell them you would like to check-in and you will come back later when the room is ready. The problem for you is probably by the time your flight arrives they may have exceeded 85% occupancy, especially on a cruise weekend.

I just discovered a little known deal with La Quinta just this week. If you pick up a copy of HotelCoupons.com in Denny's (usually green) or McDonald's (usually red) you will find coupons in there for the Hollywood La Quinta for $69 per night. The catch is it has to be a walk-in and occupancy has to be below 85% at check-in. The trick is to check-in as early as possible before their occupancy goes up even if they don't have a room ready. Just tell them you would like to check-in and you will come back later when the room is ready. The problem for you is probably by the time your flight arrives they may have exceeded 85% occupancy, especially on a cruise weekend.

This is not something I'd want to try! I want to have a nice, clean hotel room for the night before our cruise. Trying to save a few $$ by using this "trick" would make me nut's!!

We've stayed at the LaQuinta Airport East several times and never had a problem with a "real" reservation. For another $20.00, I'd rather know I have a room!

This is not something I'd want to try! I want to have a nice, clean hotel room for the night before our cruise. Trying to save a few $$ by using this "trick" would make me nut's!!

We've stayed at the LaQuinta Airport East several times and never had a problem with a "real" reservation. For another $20.00, I'd rather know I have a room!

Nothing's stopping you from making a reservation and then walking in with the coupon, except it won't be for $89 this time of year. It will be more like $139.

Ya gotta be smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo, if you wanna get a pic-a-nic basket!

I hate to tell you this, but there is no such place as Fallon, MO.

The OP said O'Fallon, Mo and it is a city.

Not until I pointed their typo out and they corrected it.

You can't get to the party late and then wonder why the guy in the corner is wearing a lamp shade on his head.

We stayed at La Quinta in February, on the Saturday on which all the northeast airports were closed due to the blizzard. We were scheduled to fly out on Sunday, but were afraid that the airports might still be closed. They made a reservation for me for Sunday, and allowed me to cancel it on Sunday morning when we found out we could fly out. (Some hotels consider it a "continuing reservation" and won't let you cancel just the last day of a stay.) Their shuttle to the airport was also convenient and well-run.

Based on their customer service, I'd book them again in a minute!

Our night is $105.00. I'm very happy with this rate and being confirmed.

JMO,

Good for you.

Other folks like to save money with absolutely no risk at all, but if you like giving you money away, I say go for it. Whatever makes you happy.

I don't feel that I'm "giving my money away" by having a confirmed reservation. From your post above, it seems that one can't count on the $69.00/$89.00 rate unless the hotel is at less than 85% occupancy. I don't see that there's 'absolutely no risk" . I'm not willing to take the chance to save $20 bucks.

JMHO,

What happens if you do walk in and they are above the 85% and tell you no room available:confused:. We saw this happen last year when we stayed there. 2 couples turned away at 2 different times.

The way hotels book up in Ft.Lauderdale I personally would not want to take a chance and wait until I get there to see if a room is available. Not the way I would want to start my cruising vacation.

Good luck and hope it works for you!!

Archived