Paris/Normandy - Vernon

briody

I am going on the Paris/Normandy cruise with AMA. I just received my packet today and have a question for people who have done this cruise.

We arrive in Vernon around 12 and off for 4 hours to Giverny. When we get back or after dinner - is it easy to go on your own into the Town Square - see the Old Mill or the Tourelles Castle. I was wondering if it was walking distance or use the bikes or impossible. We are staying overnight and leaving the next day at 7:30 am.

Thanks

Briody:o

The dock is in the center of town near the bridge that takes you to the Old Mill and the road to Giverney. It is a shame that you have so little time there. With Grand Circle we overnighted there got to Giverney before the gates opened. We were the first ones in line. We then had the entire afternoon to enjoy the town. Here is a MAP.

I did a trip report, with many pictures of the cruise. If it interests you, it is http://jackthetravelingman-seine.blogspot.com.

Thank everyone - I will read your blog tonight - looks great. So I would say I could walk into town but all depends on when we get back from the excursion and what time dinner is and what time the sun goes down. I don't want to miss anything but of course I cannot see it all. Me personally could miss dinner but not my husband :o As I read on I will be posting more questions.

Briody

Archived