Too many choices...HELP!

OK, here is my problem. We are spending the night before our cruise in Vancouver, and I want to have a nice, romantic dinner with my wife. There are SO MANY choices out there that I am having a problem deciding. I have diligently read these boards and spent countless hours online, and would like some insight into the following choices:

1. 5 Sails restaurant at Pan Pacific (we are staying here, so it would be convenient)

2. Raincity Grill

3. Teahouse Restaurant in Stanley Park

4. Delilahs

5. Revolving restaurant (Top of Vancouver)

Anyone's help/insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

It's been a while since we ate there but I would opt for the Pan-Pacific of these 5.

Not that the others are not good restaurants but I think the Pan-Pacific has more

of the ambience you are looking for. Just let them know when making your booking

and when you arrive so that you get an appropriate table.

We were in Vancouver, staying at the Marriott across the street from the Pan Pacific. If you walk out the front door of the Pan Pacific, look to your left and you'll see a restuarant called Aqua Riva. We ate there on our last night before heading off to Hawaii. The food was very good, and the service was excellent. Reservations are recommended.

We were in Vancouver in early June, staying across the street from the Pan Pacific at the Fairmont Waterfront. We had two excellent meals, one at West, on Granville St., which is often mentioned as one of the best restaurants in Vancouver. It certainly lived up to its reputation. It is small, and somewhat casual/funky, not starched-linen-tablecloth romantic. The other excellant meal was at blue Water Cafe, in Yaletown. A seafood place with great atmosphere - lots of wood and exposed brick. Excellant raw bar and sushi. Both places are a 10 minute cab ride from your hotel.

I love the Pan Pacific hotel. My husband & I stayed there before our Alaska cruise. We dined @ the 5 Sails he gave me a diamond necklace at dinner it was so romantic. My vote is the 5 Sails! Don't forget the before dinner drink on the deck of the Pan. Pac. you can watch the cruise ships sail out at 5p.m. You will love the hotel. We booked a water view room. The morning of our cruise we watched the Infinity sail in it was to cool for words! I was never so relaxed before a cruise in my life. They also have a great gym downstairs. Have a wonderful cruise.

5 Sails, 5 Sails, 5 Sails - that's all I am going to say except Aqua Riva is NOT a romantic spot - we ate there 2 weeks ago and had good service and good food but it is not romantic - we also ate at 5 Sails for our 4th time in so many years and it did not disappoint us - enjoy!

We also stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront & had a very quiet, relaxing meal in their restaurant, Heron. The food was wonderful. We didn't dine at 5 sails, but if you decide to go there, my DH & I had a very romantic stroll along the deck outside your hotel. I'm going to throw out another suggestion for you to consider. We had dinner at The Observatory on Grouse Mtn. one night. It isn't real close to the Pan Pacific, but only about a 25 min. drive by cab. With a dinner reservation, admission to the Mtn. is free. This restaurant oozes romance. Ask for a table by the window, & you can overlook the lights of Vancouver. You can see forever. The food was delicious (except for the salmon) & the Chocolate Fondant was the best dessert I've ever had. I asked my DH last night, if he would mind to fly to Van. to get me one. :p Enjoy your trip.

Another vote for the 5 Sails. We've never been disappointed, and it is such a treat to just hop on the elevator up to your room when your tummy is full and you've had a glass (or two:) ) of champagne or wine.

Have a wonderful, romantic dinner wherever you decide (and a happy cruise too).

Archived