Opinions Needed

parrihjo

Help Everyone......my wife and I have decided to go on a cruise again just the two of us. The last one we went on was the Carnival Destiny years ago when the Propulsion went out and we floated for days instead of getting to our ports. It was not a great time, but I figure lighting cant strike twice right??? :)

So I need some help deciding on the cruise.

Here is what we are looking at in November..

Glory out of Miami with an Oceanview room, goes to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Grand Cayman

Legend out of Tampa with an Interior with Frenchdoors goes the same as the Glory.

Dream out of Orlando with an Interior that goes to Belize, Cozumel, Roatan and Coast Maya.

Conquest out of San Juan with an Interior that goes to St Kitts, Dominica,St. Maarten, Antigua, Grand Turk and ends in Miami.

Almost all are the same price, so I think its down to which ship we will enjoy the most.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glory out of Miami with an Oceanview room, goes to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Grand Cayman

Legend out of Tampa with an Interior with Frenchdoors goes the same as the Glory.

Dream out of Orlando with an Interior that goes to Belize, Cozumel, Roatan and Coast Maya.

Conquest out of San Juan with an Interior that goes to St Kitts, Dominica,St. Maarten, Antigua, Grand Turk and ends in Miami.

It will depend on where you have been to and where you like to go. Do you care more about what's on the ship or do you care more about the ports?

Will you be driving/flying? Don't forget to add on the transportation cost (especially for the last one). If it was up to me, I would pick Dream for the ship and Conquest for the itinerary, just as the other person suggested. Between choice 1 and 2, I would go for choice 1, since they go to same places and have an oceanview...

It will depend on where you have been to and where you like to go. Do you care more about what's on the ship or do you care more about the ports?

Will you be driving/flying? Don't forget to add on the transportation cost (especially for the last one). If it was up to me, I would pick Dream for the ship and Conquest for the itinerary, just as the other person suggested. Between choice 1 and 2, I would go for choice 1, since they go to same places and have an oceanview...

I am in agreement with the other two posters. It is going to depend on where you have been cruise or other? What do you want to do on the ship or in port? I would always pick an ocean view over an inside cabin. Just like to be able to see out.

We have been to Nassau many times, Cozumel twice and Key West twice. We have also been to St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, La Romana and Castaway once.

We are planning on flying, and airfare is relativity affordable from Virginia to San Juan for that time of year.

Is the Oceanview a better room than the Interior with Frenchdoors??

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, lots of personal preference involved and no definitive answer. If it were me, I would pick Conquest because I haven't been to all the ports on that itinerary. I also don't put a lot of emphasis on interior vs. ocean view room, but many others might make that a deciding factor. Now if it was a balcony or suite, that may be enough to trump a good itinerary.

For the ship, I would pick the Dream. For the itinerary, I would pick the Conquest.

Exactly this!

If ship is most important then the Dream out of the options you listed. If ports are your thing then the Conquest!

Is the Oceanview a better room than the Interior with Frenchdoors??

Thanks for the input.

That will depend on if size matters. The interior with the french doors will still be 185 sq.ft., where the oceanview will be 220 sq.ft.

I know it doesn't look like much on "paper" but that 35 extra sq footage makes a big difference.

Check cruisedeckplans.com

In your signature-- it looks like you have sailed smaller, older ships.

I think you would like the spirt class ships. (legend)

but I would make my decision based on total costs- have you looked at the air fare to go to the port

That will depend on if size matters. The interior with the french doors will still be 185 sq.ft., where the oceanview will be 220 sq.ft.

I know it doesn't look like much on "paper" but that 35 extra sq footage makes a big difference.

Check cruisedeckplans.com

I would still take the french door at least I can get fresh air too.

Archived