happening bars at night

jess43

We will be ther on a Thursday from 1 - midnight. Are there any fun bars within walking distance from the ships besides Senior Frogs, I'm not about to pay the prices they want for a drink!!

My dw & I will be in Nassau in November, form 7am-to 1am the next day. We plan on spending sometime in Nassau during the day, including going to Senor Frogs. However, we also plan on being on the ship for dinner and shipboard activities that evening.:D

If your just looking to have a drink, you can head to the Pirates Pub, it's mostly locals and Ex-pats (next to the museum) or Blackbeards at the British Colonial with big screen "sports" TV. Fluid Lounge is a bit "clubby", it's located downtown on Bay Street.

If you want more "action" just take a cab to Atlantis, or you can go to Hammerheads up by the bridge. There's also some clubs, but they are VERY young and overpriced.

Downtown Nassau is nearly closed up at nite, it's a mostly stores and government buildings, so walking around and exploring is NOT a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out THE ZOO NIGHTCLUB which is pretty popular. It's on the far side of the British Colonial. I'd recommend taking a taxi even though it's not far, just to be safe because there are plenty of wierd people out at night. If you've got a large group then there is safety in numbers. If you take a taxi there, you'll see whether walking back is do-able or not. Depends on the kind of shoes you're wearing too!

Not sure if still in business:

Bahamaboom, was located about 2 blocks east of Rawson Sq. which is at the cruise docks.

Club Waterloo (not sure where this one is)

All these places were hot at Spring Break time but I can't tell you much about them during the rest of the year. For your safety and protection, don't go alone or remain alone!

When you get off the ship and enter the Terminal building, look for the brochure racks and get a copy of Bahamas Tourist News, a newspaper-like publication. The major clubs advertise their dinner and drink specials in there as well as giving directions.

BobK/Orlando

just off: Sea Princess

The ZOO burned to the ground a couple of weeks ago. Used to be a good spot.

I think Bahamaboom is closed also..

Club Waterloo is east of the Bridge at Fort Montegue.. It's really a very young crowd and has a lot of underage drinkers. Fun for the college crowd, but not over 26 or so.

The ZOO burned down! Do you know what happened, scubagirrl?

So what "dance clubs" still exist within a couple miles of downtown Nassau or on Paradise Island? On our upcoming cruise our ship remains in port until 3am and we have a large group that was hoping to go to the ZOO for a few hours.

Club Waterloo does sound too "young" for us as nearly everyone in our group of twenty is age 35+. I know there is Senor Frogs and we'll stop in, but that's nothing like what the ZOO used to be.

Thanks,

BobK/Orlando

just off: Sea Princess

You might try the Fluid Lounge which is on Bay Street, it's where the locals hang out, the music is pretty good. For the Lounge scene (not bar scene), you can check out the band at the Palm Court (british Colonial Hilton) nitely except Monday,

The band is low keyed, play R&B, soca and calypso, but they are very entertaining - they also have a Jazz club upstairs from Thursday to Sunday.. some nite it's Latin.

Club 601 (Club enigma I think it's called now) is open on weekends. It's "dress to impress".. owned by the Bahamamen. It's located a few blocks east of town, but you should really cab it.. not a nice walk at nite. Check with some locals when you arrive and see what happening.. even your cabbie will know what's happening around town on any given nite.

Pick up the What's ON or Tourist News newspaper when you get into port.. it will have a listing as to who's playing where.

• 2 months later...

Archived