VIP Boarding

madgally

Why should I pay for services I do not want? Last time they upgraded us at the last minute. I was able to negotiate the upgrade cost down by telling them we didn't want those services. The price difference was half of the upgrade price.

The shock thing was a joke between John and I. We both travel with Wheel Chairs - We don't need them most of the time but I cannot stand for long periods of time. It sad how people talk down to people who they think are handicapped, it was an inside joke, sorry if it offended you.

Why should I pay for services I do not want? Last time they upgraded us at the last minute. I was able to negotiate the upgrade cost down by telling them we didn't want those services. The price difference was half of the upgrade price.

Because it's part of the price. If you go to an all-inclusive resort, do you negotiate down if you don't plan to swim in the pools or if you prefer not to eat breakfast? The price is the price - some folks use all of the services / perks available to them and some don't.

With that said, back to the original question - if the core of the question is "do those in mini-suites get VIP boarding?" the answer is "No."

Exactly I prefer set tables..... We all enjoy different things we should cheer our differences and not knock people for them.

Maybe you should heed your own advice. Room Stewards should not be treated like second class citizens, they are hard working individuals who should be respected and allowed to do their job, without someone telling them when and how to do it.

Maybe you should heed your own advice. Room Stewards should not be treated like second class citizens, they are hard working individuals who should be respected and allowed to do their job, without someone telling them when and how to do it.

Where on earth is the "LIKE" button. :)

Exceptionally well-stated. Thank you!

You misunderstood my intent...... I want to pay for what I want but not pay for what I don't. NO issues we just booked our next two cruises.

Clarification: You implied that you intended to use VIP boarding without paying for it, and you said they wouldn't "throw us off the VIP line". Where's the misunderstanding ?

Not bashing, just curious.

The shock thing was a joke between John and I. We both travel with Wheel Chairs - We don't need them most of the time but I cannot stand for long periods of time. It sad how people talk down to people who they think are handicapped, it was an inside joke, sorry if it offended you.

I don't think anyone talked down to you because you say you are handicapped, it was your posts that offended people. To make a joke (?) about hurting someone (shocking them), is not funny and if it was an inside joke between the two of you, then that is how it should have remained.

I agree with some of the others, wheel chair or not, at times they will pull you out of line in order to speed things up. My father is almost blind and walks with a cane, he expects no special treatment but often is pulled from the line. Everyone in his party is welcome to go along with him.

OP to speed things up just tell them you have diarrhea, you are sure to be pulled from the line and can avoid the hassle of actually ever having to board the ship in a non VIP fashion. ;)

I agree with some of the others, wheel chair or not, at times they will pull you out of line in order to speed things up. My father is almost blind and walks with a cane, he expects no special treatment but often is pulled from the line. Everyone in his party is welcome to go along with him.

OP to speed things up just tell them you have diarrhea, you are sure to be pulled from the line and can avoid the hassle of actually ever having to board the ship in a non VIP fashion. ;)

Oh my goodness, crack me up!

But, they might not let a person claiming diarrhea onto the ship in case they've got something that's contagious.

Who is treating them like 2nd class citizens. They are more then happy when I tell them they do not need to service my room except to change out towels, cups etc.... I guess me cleaning my own room is an issue for them??? odd..... YOu must of misundersood as I can't believe you would think thats a bad thing for them. Anyways I booked one on NCL and one of RCCL - A tip ask you salesperson they can't give you huge discounts but they can add on some benefits at no cost.....

Who is treating them like 2nd class citizens. They are more then happy when I tell them they do not need to service my room except to change out towels, cups etc.... I guess me cleaning my own room is an issue for them??? odd..... YOu must of misundersood as I can't believe you would think thats a bad thing for them. Anyways I booked one on NCL and one of RCCL - A tip ask you salesperson they can't give you huge discounts but they can add on some benefits at no cost.....

Probably because you said: I tell the maids on the first night when it’s ok for them to come and give them all instructions so I don’t have to see them the whole trip.

These staff members just want to make your cruise as enjoyable as possible, but for you to tell the Room Steward when it's okay for them to come, so you don't have to see them. That is pretty disrespectful and certainly sounds like you feel they are lesser than you, beause after all why would anyone not want to see their smiling faces. You are going to tell them WHEN THE CAN COME TO YOUR ROOM, which means that they then have to rearrange their schedule to accomodate you (and I'd bet that they now have to work hours that they normally don't work because of YOUR SCHEDULE), when you are fully aware that these hard working individuals have a schedule to keep, so that they can accomodate ALL THEIR GUEST, not just you.

p.s. On my first NCL cruise, I think I saw my Room Steward once in my room and all other times in the hall...they do their best to get everything done while the passenger is out, but I'm guessing that by you saying "so you don't have to see them the whole trip", that might also mean in the hallways.

You misunderstood my intent...... I want to pay for what I want but not pay for what I don't. NO issues we just booked our next two cruises.

I never use the pool or the bars as I don't drink. How much of a discount should I ask for?

I don't eat as much as a man does. Where's the female passenger discount price??

I never use the pool or the bars as I don't drink. How much of a discount should I ask for?

Great idea. I don't use the pool, MDR (only eat in fee restaurants), basketball, tennis or volleyball courts, the chapel, video arcade, beauty shop, kid's club or meeting rooms, so I'm going to call NCL to see what they will give me on my next cruise. I'm guessing they will give me just as much as they gave the OP!!! LOL!

Now I understand ;)

Blue light special , Isle six ....

Probably because you said: I tell the maids on the first night when it’s ok for them to come and give them all instructions so I don’t have to see them the whole trip.

These staff members just want to make your cruise as enjoyable as possible, but for you to tell the Room Steward when it's okay for them to come, so you don't have to see them. That is pretty disrespectful and certainly sounds like you feel they are lesser than you, beause after all why would anyone not want to see their smiling faces. You are going to tell them WHEN THE CAN COME TO YOUR ROOM, which means that they then have to rearrange their schedule to accomodate you (and I'd bet that they now have to work hours that they normally don't work because of YOUR SCHEDULE), when you are fully aware that these hard working individuals have a schedule to keep, so that they can accomodate ALL THEIR GUEST, not just you.

p.s. On my first NCL cruise, I think I saw my Room Steward once in my room and all other times in the hall...they do their best to get everything done while the passenger is out, but I'm guessing that by you saying "so you don't have to see them the whole trip", that might also mean in the hallways.

Well said!!!

I actually like seeing and greeting our room steward, they are like family too us for those 7 days...

Archived