Texting with T-Mobile information please

Hi guys, I need some help. I have a samsung galaxay phone and t-mobile is our company. I am sort of an idiot when it comes to devices so can someone tell me what I need to do (step by step) to text with my daughter (who will be home while we are on the cruise) without running up a bill of hundreds of dollars? I am going to call T-mobile soon but I think many people on this board know more than the actual rep I might get to speak to. You have all helped with a lot of things for me in the past, so thanks in advance.

Do you have the new billing/plan that they just rolled out?

Also, what ports are you visiting?

There will be no issue in St. Thomas - its an "unincorporated territory of the United States" (thanks Wikipedia!) so you'll have no additional charges calling or texting while there.

Here's a link to the tmobile site where it talks about international texting:

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/services/information.aspx?PAsset=Messaging&tp=Svc_Tab_InternationalMsg

If you do end up calling, just keep asking for a representative. I never deal with those ridiculous automated things. Also, get the name of the rep and if you're not 100% sure that what they are saying is correct, call again and ask for the info again. Make sure to get names and dates/times you called!

Good luck!

Thanks for posting the link. I also have T-Mobile and am sailing on the Oasis on June 1st. I was thinking about buying one of those international phones. My kids will not be with us and I'm worried about leaving them for a whole week

Hi guys, I need some help. I have a samsung galaxay phone and t-mobile is our company. I am sort of an idiot when it comes to devices so can someone tell me what I need to do (step by step) to text with my daughter (who will be home while we are on the cruise) without running up a bill of hundreds of dollars? I am going to call T-mobile soon but I think many people on this board know more than the actual rep I might get to speak to. You have all helped with a lot of things for me in the past, so thanks in advance.

I downloaded whatsapp as did my daughter and we kept in contact that way. I am with Orange and daughter with T mobile - both now EE

pop into your local shop and they will explain what you need to turn off and on so as not to incur phone bill

With whatsapp you can text, send photos and videos free of charge

Thanks for posting the link. I also have T-Mobile and am sailing on the Oasis on June 1st. I was thinking about buying one of those international phones. My kids will not be with us and I'm worried about leaving them for a whole week

It looks like you can add a $10/month plan to the phones for international text and talk. IDK if you can add it for one month and then remove it, but if you can, it seems like a pretty easy and cheap solution!

Have fun! We were on the Allure in September and had a blast!

Archived