Valencia logistics historical center to Arts & Science

Thebox

Hi all. My sons and I would like to explore the silk market, the bullring and then walk around the City of Arts & Science during our day in Valencia.

Is it best to take a taxi from the port to the historical center - or is there public transportation/Royal Carib shuttle to the old part of the city? Is the City of Arts & Science walkable from there? I've researched the boards and the tourist websites, but found some conflicting information and am still confused.

If the suggestion is to take the HoHo, does anyone know if there is an option to pick this up near where RCCL docks (there is a "Puerto" stop on the Maritime/blue line, but not sure if this line also goes to the historic center) -- or if it would be cheaper and easier to just taxi/walk.)

Thanks for your help!

Hi all. My sons and I would like to explore the silk market, the bullring and then walk around the City of Arts & Science during our day in Valencia.

Is it best to take a taxi from the port to the historical center - or is there public transportation/Royal Carib shuttle to the old part of the city? Is the City of Arts & Science walkable from there? I've researched the boards and the tourist websites, but found some conflicting information and am still confused.

If the suggestion is to take the HoHo, does anyone know if there is an option to pick this up near where RCCL docks (there is a "Puerto" stop on the Maritime/blue line, but not sure if this line also goes to the historic center) -- or if it would be cheaper and easier to just taxi/walk.)

We had a port stop in Valencia in April, 2012. Our ship, Liberty of the Seas, offered a RCCL shuttle bus to the historical center for a minimal price, which we took.

The port seemed to be quite a way from downtown, it was maybe a 20 to 25 minite ride on the bus. The first thing we passed was the City of Arts & Science, and it was still a ways after that to get to the historical center. The shuttle bus only made that one stop in the historical center, there was no option for another stop at the City of Arts & Science.

The bus stopped about 1/2 mile from the Cathedral, and we walked there and also to the Central Market. It was still quite a long walk!

I heard about the HOHO bus, but we did not use it, so I don't know if it always makes that Puerto stop.

Valencia is a very interesting city, and very large. We enjoyed our day there.

Sounds like the best route is to take the port shuttle to the historic area and then taxi to the city of Arts & Science. If anyone has done this and know the approximate cost, would love to hear (or any additional info as well.)

Thanks for the info relaxatsea!

Archived