"Budget friendly" bridesmaid gifts

Well DO somethimg that is VERY Personal.. Thats Gear towards that Gurl... U know Them and Love them thats why they are Your BM's.. This CAN be totally out of the box, out of the Norm, or just a very sweet..

EX: If you know one of your gurls love Bath & Body works get her a couple of items (when there are on sale/ OR u have a Coupon) and go to like the dollar store or something and get some baskets DIY up.. Dont LOL neither , lolololol (even though I am) If I got a pretty lil bag or basket with two Lip Glosses (THERE IS N O T H I N G ) I love more then some lip gloss esp MAC Lip glass.. I do have some different ideas on my Gifts.. But are U also thinking about Giving them a BridesMaid Shirt as well in those "Gift's. U know something to wear the Morning of the Wedding, and while they are waiting around on the ship.??? Also Maybe a Personal Thank You CARD to each of them inside as well.. Let them Know and See and Feel the Love:D

Hope this helps some..

Thanks for the ideas, Shatima! Yes, what woman doesn't love at least some lip gloss?! I'm not big on makeup but I definitely love my lip gloss lol and MAC's makeup is so nice. Hmm I was thinking about getting them shirts but I wasn't sure.

I should know this from all the reviews I read, but...in general, do the bridesmaids get in their dress ON the ship with the bride or BEFORE boarding? I guess I would prefer on the ship so they don't get too hot (Port of Miami in May! lol) or so the dresses don't get wrinkled or something during the process of carrying luggage, wedding items,etc. Anywho, if its on the ship it would make me stress less! In that case, bridesmaid shirts would be cute along with me in a bride tank :)

Yeah the "Paper Work" says have EVERYONE dressed.. But as we have Read, and know that We(Our Party) CAN get dressed on the Ship.. Well I know mines are.. That will be the Only thing they will have to do.. I know I would want freshing up.. Quick Shower or Wash up something!!! After checking in, walking around, etc.. But after they get dressed in Our Cabin they are rolling out to make sure all is well.. Plus my Make Up Artist/ Hair Stylist wants it to be a WOW factor..

DID U C this from Ree1009?? Its alot of Great Info/Idea's :) If U are looking for a lil more go to the "Let's Share" Thread as well

Originally Posted by ree1009 viewpost.gif

You are very welcome. I love to help when I can

BTW, the balloon site is awesome for a shower. I got a bride and groom balloon that were about 3ft tall and a wedding cake for my maid of honor's bridal shower. They were the talk of the whole party :)

I forgot etsy.com I am sure there are more too. I made my own invitations from Party City ($25 for 50 invites, rsvps and envelopes for both) you can print them yourself and save some money. I got red "love" stamsp from the post office they are forever stamps. I also got white roses(again forever stamps) for my RSVPs since they are smaller envelopes. If you already put the stamp on people are more likely to send their reply back. I got my programs from Oriental trading for less than $5 for 50. Bought the "real look and feel" flowers at Hobby Lobby (along with tons of other things...they got the bulk of my budget) and just added my own touches to them. I have two beautiful silver cake stands. My sister and I both found them at antique stores. They are usually $125-200. I got mine for $35 and there is nothing wrong with it.

If you are on a strict budget and want something cute for your girls. You can make your own personalized wine glasses MUCH cheaper than ordering them. Look it up on pinterest. Just make sure you get the right kind of paint. I am giving mine make up cases with "Maid of honor" and "bridesmaid" written in jewels. I will add a compact mirror and a certificate to get nails done on Friday before the wedding. I am sure I will find other things to add too..thats just where I am so far. For the guys,I am getting...OH yeah, I forgot these..More websites coming up..Engraved pocket knifes and for the ushers engraved flasks. I am not having flower girls or ring bearers. I got both of the Moms ceramic pins that say "mother of bride/groom" at Hobby Lobby and for my Dad "Father of the Bride" socks from oriental trading. He will also get a knife. I am planning to take the Moms to get nails done as well.

IF your not a member of theknot.com you should join(free) gives you good ideas, pics, and even a reminder of what you should have done and when.

More websites:

If you are in GA and need a caterer The Master's Table in Winder is AWESOME!! Good "regular food" not "frufru". And the best prices I think you will find (less than $10pp) We have used Ms. Lynn a few times and are always happy.

weddingwire.com

discountmugs.com

cheapgroomsmengifts.com

thetipsygrape.com

exclusivelyweddings.com

countrykitchensa.com(food safe ribbon for cakes)

insuremytrip.com

I made beautiful necklaces for the brides maids in my daughter's wedding. I had seen a necklace in a store that cost $80, but matched the wedding colors perfectly. I went to a bead store and bought fresh water pearls, red coral, and the findings for about $120. Mine had the same materials, but I varied the pattern slightly on each necklace. This way the girls had a similar necklace that they could wear at the wedding and later on also. So instead of $480 plus tax I paid $120 and had enough left over to make one for myself.

Yeah the "Paper Work" says have EVERYONE dressed.. But as we have Read, and know that We(Our Party) CAN get dressed on the Ship.. Well I know mines are.. That will be the Only thing they will have to do.. I know I would want freshing up.. Quick Shower or Wash up something!!! After checking in, walking around, etc.. But after they get dressed in Our Cabin they are rolling out to make sure all is well.. Plus my Make Up Artist/ Hair Stylist wants it to be a WOW factor..

I agree! As long as hair and makeup are done prior to boarding, I know we can easily slip into our dresses once in the cabin. Thanks for sharing ree1009's post! She has some great ideas!

I made beautiful necklaces for the brides maids in my daughter's wedding. I had seen a necklace in a store that cost $80, but matched the wedding colors perfectly. I went to a bead store and bought fresh water pearls, red coral, and the findings for about $120. Mine had the same materials, but I varied the pattern slightly on each necklace. This way the girls had a similar necklace that they could wear at the wedding and later on also. So instead of $480 plus tax I paid $120 and had enough left over to make one for myself.

Sounds like those turned out beautiful and what great savings! Thank you for sharing :)

Yeah she does.. Np :)

I agree! As long as hair and makeup are done prior to boarding, I know we can easily slip into our dresses once in the cabin. Thanks for sharing ree1009's post! She has some great ideas!

Umm I like this one.. NOTHING like a sale!!! lol Thank you

I order bridesmaides tshirts from vista print when they had a sale got them from only 7 dollars each with shipping. I'm going to tie then up with a ribbon and a thank you card which I will give them at the shower so they can wear them more then once! Lol

do you have a pic of the necklaces?? i love the idea but need some inspiration..

Not sure if it would save anything or not, but you could do your wedding colors. Hobby Lobby had the iron on bride, maid of honor and bridesmaid bling. You could do jewelry, a "spa" basket wit bath salt, lotions, a clipper set, nail publish, slippers, nail file, eye mask.

Or

A travel basket with all the travel size things they need for the cruise. Shampoo, body wash, tooth paste, lotion, tooth brush, air freshener, Lysol, wrinkle release, shout wipes, etc

Also, something we did on our girls cruise, we picked a cute"gag" gift for each person's personality or something they are known for for example,

One person was worried about snoring so they got i can't think of the name of them, the thing that goes across your nose to help with snoring, and ear plugs for her roommate.

Another said they were going to smuggle booze in her(empty) shampoo bottle. We told her she was going to be blowing bubbles shoo she got bubbles.

We have one BIG TIME drinker so wee bought her a "shot glass" it was a22oz glass :) we all got huge laughs as each person opened their gifts.

Flip flops are also good!

Lol U did lol... I email U..

We had a pretty busy weekend but I emailed you this morning. I will be happy to answer anything I can!

I love having this board. It is awesome talking to people about upcoming cruises and reading their posts. But this makes the wedding planning even more fun. Reading other peoples ideas and what they are doing. I REALLY wanted a cruise wedding for many reasons but since my hubby-to-be's Grandmother has breast cancer and has been going through treatments we wanted to keep it close to home so she can be there. But I fell in love with my nephews wedding. It was so nice and everything is beautiful. The ice sculpture was fabulous and you usually only see one at the really expensive weddings if then. And FUN! EASY! LESS STRESS! AND A CRUISE. What more could you ask for?? And I have seen many people talking about the photos. I think they spent as much or more than the wedding on photos. But they were beautiful!

Definitely look at Etsy.com! I bought tote bags for my girls, with their names embroidered on it.. 7 bags for like $45! I also got them earrings off of it, and last minute we got everyone tshirts with "bridesmaid" on it.. If you keep looking you'll find something eventually! :) PM me if you want to know the specific stores within etsy that I got them from :)

Our daughter just got married this fall and for her bridesmaids she gave them a pashmina( internet order for 4.95 each) a pair of the AfterFlats shoes to wear at the reception and a box of monogramed notecards(found a buy 1 get 1 free sale).

Hello fellow brides! Just looking for some ideas for my girls that won't break the bank, but that still show them that they are appreciated! :)

When I got married on the Carnival Liberty my husband and I both did beach/pool bags for our wedding party. (The picture is of the guys bags) I did this because it was some of their first cruises and I remembered my first cruise I forgot to pack a pool bag.:o5008053_s7CLkt#!i=300395367&k=JkShhvp&lb=1&s=A

Bags came from walmart and then we filled with Old Navy Flip Flops (BOGO), sunblock, beach towel, water bottle, luggage tags, Frisbee, brush, etc. Everything was cheap (sunblock in bulk, everything else was walmart or dollar store). I still see my bridesmaids using the bags.

Archived