Luggage Storage Post-cruise?

Help! We disembark our cruise on the Radiance OTS on July 2 at 8 am in Vancouver. Our flight home isn't until that evening--something I booked intentionally late so that we could spend the day in Vancouver. Is there a place on the dock that you can store your luggage? I have two small children and there is no way we're going to traipse around the city with all our bags in tow. And going to the airport 12 hours early would be pretty dreadful!

Thanks to those who have been there for letting me know!

Ann

Some hotels offer a day rate, we have had this in Hawaii and some other resorts where we are able to store our luggage and use the room/facilities and pay a lesser fee.

have fun!

Not much help, but maybe I can put you in the right direction. I am pretty sure I read on these boards that there is a program where the cruiseline will take your baggage to the airport and magically, your bags end up at your destination. Some people are a bit nervous about it since the last time you see it is at disembarkation, but I haven't read about any experiences where luggage was lost. I am going to consider it when we get back from our cruise too. My flight doesn't leave until 7:30pm.

Also, check out the Alaska message board since there are a lot of questions answered there about the Alaska cruises and Vancouver airport. Good luck!

There is a problem about taking lugguage early. Airlines will not check luggage in more than 4 hours before a flight since 9/11. When we were in New Orleans after our cruise on the Grandeur we went on a tour they were offering. We didn't have to worry about our luggage since our luggage was with us on the bus. You might look into a tour like that.

Unfortunately only Canada Place provide luggage storage (for a fee). Ballentyne where your ships docks does not. I guess you could always head over to Canada Place and store your luggage there?

Let me know if you need the info I will send you the link to the storage company.

Okay, I checked out the Alaska message board and got more information for you. Apparently, there is a program called "Onboard Check-in". My understanding from how it works is, you can fill out a card (put in your cabin 1 or 2 days before last day) with your flight information. This if you want your bags taken directly from the ship to your final (home) destination.

I believe the fee is $10 to use this program. It has to be a flight into the United States. I would suggest you call RCCL and ask about the "onboard check-in" for Vancouver International Airport. I'm not sure if the $10 fee is per person or per family? I'm assuming it's per family/group, but I could be wrong. Good luck!

Archived