Price drop/rate type change question...

BroadwayGirl

I'm currently booked under the spring sale reduced deposit promo they had a few months back. Today, the early saver (the pick your own cabin one) dropped below my booked fare. Since my cruise isn't until the fall, can I switch price types to early saver to reduce my fare and still retain the cabin I picked out?

I know I will probably have to kick in the other half of the deposit and be bound to the early saver rules..but just wondering if it's possible to do what I want to do?

Thanks. I'm new to Carnival, but not to cruising, so I'm trying to learn the Carnival rules.

I was able to do this just the other day. I had booked a cruise for December, noticed ES to be lower, called Carnival and asked if they would be able to switch. After listening to the terms of the ES Program, they switched me with no questions asked. I had already paid more than the full cost of the deposit so I cannot answer that part of your question. HTH

I just switched to ES as well, but was not charged for the other half of the deposit. Probably because the ES rate was offering a reduced deposit as well. But otherwise I am sure they would want you to pay any difference in the deposit.

That's exactly what happened. ES was still 50% deposit so I didn't have to put anymore down. It took all of 5-10 mins to make the change to ES and I was only on hold for 10. That was worth it for 110 dollars off the price of my cruise.

What is this fair viewer you all speak of? This is easier than doing a mock booking?

I just switched to ES as well, but was not charged for the other half of the deposit. Probably because the ES rate was offering a reduced deposit as well. But otherwise I am sure they would want you to pay any difference in the deposit.

That's exactly what happened. ES was still 50% deposit so I didn't have to put anymore down. It took all of 5-10 mins to make the change to ES and I was only on hold for 10. That was worth it for 110 dollars off the price of my cruise.

What is this fair viewer you all speak of? This is easier than doing a mock booking?

Here's fareviewer: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer#

Archived