Earthquake!

We just had another earthquake here in CA! Did anyone else out here feel it?

That's 2 in So Cal and 1 in No Cal in the past 5 days!

Then there was the earthquake in Alaska and Chile. I heard the seismologist say something about how something is certainly going on with the Pacific Plate....

scary...

Crazy stuff going on lately.... 5.6 earthqauke in So Cal on Sunday, 7.0 earthquake in Chile on Monday, 6.8 earthqauke in Alaska on Tuesday, 7.0 earthquake off the coast of No Cal on Tuesday, and now this 5.3 here again in So Cal today...

I've been in forest fires, hurricanes, and tornadoes, but I don't know if there's anything scarier than a major earthquake. I was in Alaska in 1964 when they had the Good Friday earthquake, which registered 8.6 on the Richter scale. With today's instruments, they say it would be over 9 on the scale. Good luck to all of you on the San Andreas fault!

Allen

Fortunately, it's been knocked down to a 4.9 from the original 5.3 and has nothing to do with the San Andreas Fault...it's another faultline...

One have my cats has been hiding since it hit...the other was over it 20 secs after it was over!

I'm in Chino and I felt it!

Funny thing....you know how they say animals can feel it before it happens? My parrot was squawking, my cat ran into the room looking startled and my dog was pacing back and forth by the patio door all at the same time. I had even asked my animals what was wrong?...why were they acting so strange. 5 minutes later, the quake hit.

Fortunately, it's been knocked down to a 4.9 from the original 5.3 and has nothing to do with the San Andreas Fault...it's another faultline...

One have my cats has been hiding since it hit...the other was over it 20 secs after it was over!

JodiBB...I just read what you wrote about your cat hiding. Made me get up and look for my cat. I guess it really scared him. He's usually sleeping on my bed, but I discovered he is still hiding under the bed, too. My dog is over it completely.

I didn't feel it at all, I think I may have been driving when it hit, can someone post the exact time it occurred? We definitely felt the one on Sunday, but just went on with our day and I'd forgotten all about it until the next day, when someone mentioned it at work.

How about the tsunami warning Tuesday night? We had the warning system on the TV, but could not find any local channels broadcasting any news. My boss, who lives near Dana Point, was at Doheny for the Velzy paddle-out, thousand were there, but there was no warning for them!

I'm here in Riverside and I felt it. I just got back from Sams club and was standing in my driveway. The funny thing is that on my way home going over the I-15 and I-91 bridge enterchange I was saying I sure hope we don't have an earthquake right now. Whew!!!

I think earthquakes are just such a normal thing for those of us in Cal, especially those who have grown up here or been here a long time. It happens, you stop for a moment, you say "oh, it must have been an earthquake," and then you go on with whatever it was you were doing.

That's how my husband and I feel about tornados. We lived in the Midwest all our lives and when there is a warning and husband and I go outside to look. If we don't the roar of sounds of trains, we stay upstairs and watch the news. Our tv is not far from the door to the basement.

Just moved to Bakersfield, CA, about 3 months ago. I've lived in CA all my life, but there seem to be more tremors down here.

Here's a web site I use to check on earthquake activity. The link at the top left gives the latest info, while the link below takes you to a page showing the forecast for CA:

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/step/

I felt the one on Tuesday, but at first didn't know what it was. I live in So. Oregon and have only felt a couple...the last one I felt was a more definative shaking, the one on Tuesday just 'jerked' my chair like one of the kids ran into it....but I was alone.....I thought it might have been an earthquake, but since I'm not as familiar as my CA neighbors I dismissed it. Awhile later it was on the News about it and the Tsunami Warning/Bulletin.

Archived