Anyone else get the Yellow Fever e-mail?

Karysa

No, not new and we all got it...:confused: Makes you wonder if you should ever go to South America or Africa.:eek: Don't sweat it unless you've been to these places.

Is it just a Carnival thing? I was on NCL cruises in March of 2012 and 2013 and never received an e-mail or any information regarding this. Perhaps other cruiselines bury it in the small print somewhere in the cruise contract.

Yes I got it, but it clearly states you only need to certificate of vaccination if you are coming from an area infected with Yellow Fever or are traveling for more than 12 hours through a country that is infected. It's just a Barbados thing, none of the other ports on the Southern Caribbean cruise require it. Since the US is not an infected area no need to worry.

Is the yellow-fever e-mail for those travelling to Barbados new or just new to me?

(Barbadian Government is requesting vaccination certificates for those who have recently been to affected areas)

We will be traveling to Barbados on a cruise this coming May on Carnival Valor and although we have NOT received the email about having to provide proof of yellow fever vaccine, others on our Roll Call have. We contacted our travel agent, just in case, and were told that if we had not been to any of the affected countries then we do not need proof of vaccine. We are in the USA and she told us that Carnival will send those notices to cruisers outside of the USA but occasionally they are sent by mistake to USA residents (the ones on our roll call are US citizens) and that Carnival has been doing this for about a year now. She told us that our passports, proving that we were not in any of those affected countries (Africa/South America), should be enough proof. She also suggested having our flight itinerary with us, just in case they want proof that we have not traveled through an airport (and been there for 12 hours) in an affected country. She said she never heard of Carnival checking flight itineraries though. I have seen this pop up occasionally on the Carnival boards as well.

Archived