Some Questions from a Newbie

disneynutssss

Hi all, we will be cruising on the Summit NJ to Bermuda on 6/2 and I have some questions:

1) Is a mens polo shirt considered "smart casual"?

2) Can someone explain to me about the muster drill, how it works and what time it will be?

3) Do we pack beach towels from home for our trip to the beaches in Bermuda or does the ship provide them?

4) Given that the Norwegian Breakaway arrives in Bermuda 30 mins before us, how long will it take to get off the ship?

5) Approximately what time would our room be ready?

Thanks for any information!!

:) 45 days!! :)

I can only answer a couple as we haven't been on Celebrity yet, but I've been planning & reading this board for months

Hi all, we will be cruising on the Summit NJ to Bermuda on 6/2 and I have some questions:

1) Is a mens polo shirt considered "smart casual"?

IMO yes, my dh has worn them on other lines for dinner

2) Can someone explain to me about the muster drill, how it works and what time it will be?

I can only tell you about muster on other lines, but the gist is the same. In your stateroom will be lifevests & the station location. When they sound the horn you go to your station (some lines make you wear the vests, others don't) there is plenty of crew to help guide you to your station. They'll check you off to make sure you attended. They'll give a safety overview on how to use your life vest & what to do if its a real emergency. It always reminds me of the safety speech when you fly. Usually muster is about an hour after everyone is supposed to be onboard

3) Do we pack beach towels from home for our trip to the beaches in Bermuda or does the ship provide them?

beach towels will be provided

4) Given that the Norwegian Breakaway arrives in Bermuda 30 mins before us, how long will it take to get off the ship?

Other ships in port shouldn't affect your ability to get off, unless for some reason they're blocking the dock. Each ship has its own docking point & the ship works with the port authority to be cleared for disembarkation

5) Approximately what time would our room be ready?

Will answer some of your questions...but have never taken a cruise to Bermuda from NJ...so someone else will have to chime in.

1) Is a mens polo shirt considered "smart casual"? Yes

2) Can someone explain to me about the muster drill, how it works and what time it will be? You will be assigned a specific indoor location to report to when the emergency blasts sound...usually a restaurant/theatre/lounge etc. Video/Announcements/Demonstrations from staff on emergency procedures. Depending on how quickly passengers arrive at their assigned location, usually takes 20-30 minutes time. There will be several PA announcement prior to the drill advising you of the time it is scheduled for etc...prior to sailing

3) Do we pack beach towels from home for our trip to the beaches in Bermuda or does the ship provide them? Your Stateroom Attendant will place beach towels in your cabin the night prior to arrival...if you don't receive them, just ask.

4) Given that the Norwegian Breakaway arrives in Bermuda 30 mins before us, how long will it take to get off the ship? Unk

5) Approximately what time would our room be ready? Usually 1-130pm

Enjoy your cruise !!

Woody

1) yes, depending how well the Polo condition. :)

2) go to your assigned meeting point (it is on your sail-card or your cabin door, your steward knows it). Listen to the instructions. That's it. No need to bring or wear the life jacket.

The time will be listed on your Celebrity Today dailies, and will be announced. Usually approx one hour before sail away.

3) there will be beach towels and a tote-bag in your cabin to bring. Just make sure you bring them back to the cabin after.

4) never been to Bermuda. Sorry can't answer your question.

5) around 1pm ~ 2pm, I guess.

Enjoy your cruise!

thank you all for the quick responses, appreciate the info.

my "boys" (hubby and teen son) are normally tee's and jeans wearers so the polos will be new ;)

we are supposed to set sail at 5pm, so the drill would be about 4pm? i am trying to schedule a time for dinner :)

good to know we dont have to bring our beach towels, whew :D

thank you all for the quick responses, appreciate the info.

my "boys" (hubby and teen son) are normally tee's and jeans wearers so the polos will be new ;)

we are supposed to set sail at 5pm, so the drill would be about 4pm? i am trying to schedule a time for dinner :)

good to know we dont have to bring our beach towels, whew :D

Don't make dinner too early....enjoy the Sail-Away views/fun/excitement !!

Archived