Tahiti excursions

24butterfly

My Daugther and I did this cruise in December 2011. Here are the Princess excursions we did:

Tahiti - We did an independent 4WD 8 hour excursion here. I highly reccommend you book with Patrick Adventure [patrickaventure@mail.pf]

It was just Partick my Daughter and myself this day. He has a great personality and provided a great deal of educational facts. We stopped for lunch at a remote natural pool for lunch. We swam with blue eye eels and enjoyed the tranquility of this location. If you stay for a couple of days and want to avoiv $40 buffet breakfast breakfasts, go to the mall within walking distance from the Sofitel Hotel(Did not enjoy this hotel as much as the Intercontinental. The later had pool options, enclosed snorkeling area and great food) Reasonable prices and you may shop for snacks. Dont miss the open air market just 1 block north of the ship. Many cruisers, including ourselves, purchased beautiful floral arrangements for very reasonable prices($10 - $25)

Huahine - Outrigger Transfer to Hana Iti Beach. Great boat ride and very small beach with calm waters

Rangiroa - Glassbottom Boat. Crystal clear waters, underwater feeding demonstration and great guide. Great snorkeling opportunities.

Raiatea - Tahaa Pearl Farm & Mahaea Motu Beach. Great demonstration on how pearls are created and cultivated. The Motu was beautiful with great snorkeling opportunities.

Bora Bora - We arrived on Christmas Evemorning. First day we took the Tupuna Mountain, Pahonu Hill & Island Drive by 4WD. Great tour. Be prepared for steep accents/decents on rough trails. Fantastic views at the mountain stops and stops at a small pearl shop and market for drinks/snacks. Christmas morning Santa arrived via tender and you were able to meet Santa and his elves for ship and your own photos. We took a taxi to the beach we visited the previous day for a day of relaxation and swimming in 85 degree crystal clear waters. We walked 500' off shore and the water was waist deep!

Moorea - Motu Islet Beach. Beautiful 30 minute boat ride to the Motu. Stopped briefly to watch people feeding sharks and rays. The food was fantastic and the snorkeling was awesome. Just watch out for the strong current between the two Motu's. Some rays showed up for food and came within 6 feet of the shore for great photos.

I will post pictures later.

We did the shark and manta ray feed and snorkeling trip...can't remember which port, but it was lots of fun. The rays were small and very friendly and the sharks darted in and out among us, then left abruptly when the food was gone...

It was well worth the price...

I can definitely recommend Patrick on Bora Bora. Get a group of friends together for a bonza day.

You can hire a catamaran (with crew and lunch) for the day in Raiatea

From memory google Tane charter.

The drift snorkel off Tahaa Is.(near Raiatea) with Bruno is also great.

Archived