Looking for romantic ideas on the Mariner

Snackdaddy

Greetings,

My wife and I will be celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary on the Dec 8, 2013 sailing of the Mariner. I generally like to surprise her with different types of gifts and romantic experiences. In addition to the traditional gifts like spa treatments, champagne, roses, and so on, on one cruise I presented her with a small meaningful gift each day of the cruise. Since we will be newbies to the Regent Experience, I am looking for ideas on what to do on the Mariner. I am told that the Horizon Lounge is a good place to snuggle up, have a drink and star gaze. Do any of the restaurants do anything special for couples? I am not talking about being served the mass market cruise line little cake, with a tiny candle on top, while being serenaded by a few of the waiters sing Happy Anniversary horribly out of tune. J Any romantic ideas I could borrow, to surprise my wife, will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Awwww...what a sweet thing to do:). Are you in a penthouse suite? If so, let your butler in on the surprise. He can have a romantic dinner brought to your room with all the trimmings....for instance a special dessert or pastry, champagne or your favorite wine....decorate the room very festively while your're out touring one day. If no is the answer to the butler, I'd be willing to bet if you spoke to the chef or GM, all could be arranged to your liking if this idea strikes your fancy! Rest assured the Mariner will have the answer:)

Have a wonderful cruise! I promise I won't tell;)

Patty

The concierge could also be of help. A couple of years ago we had some friends having a 50th and I arranged thru the front desk and concierge for a special flower arrangement to be on our table in Prime 7 that night and then they delivered them back to their suite and they were absolutely gorgeous flowers. You could as stated above havee a romantic dinner in the suite one night and you don't need a Butler for that, although if you have one he will be the one serving the course by course meal. You could arrange a special meal with 24 hours advance notice in the CR or your suite. As mentioned above they will decorate your suite and I am sure the concierge might have some other ideas for you.

Congratulations on 31 years and heres to many more. Have a wonderful time.

Take a dance lesson or two before your cruise and ask your lovely bride to dance one evening in the Horizon lounge. Women love men who dance, even if they are not perfect dancers. A rumba is slow, easy and a simple box dance. I'm 68 and married for only 10 years to my lovely wife and dancing has been our favorite activity on board for all of those years. Many times we are the only ones on the dance floor but I bet most of those in their seats are wishing they were out there dancing with their better half. What can be more romantic than holding the love of your life in your arms in front of the world.

Congratulations on 31 years!

We celebrated our 35 on the Mariner several years ago. We spoke to the dining room manager and they set up a special dinner for us and three other couples we met on the cruise. We had a Beef Wellington and all the trimmings and the Compass Rose staff made it really a:) special evening.

Remember this is Regent and you are special! Ask and they will make it happen.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the next 31 years!

Congratulations!!! :eek: Oh dear, I just realized that our 32nd is this November! Hmmmm, I'll have to crank up the cruise hints at home! ;)

If you let your butler, or attendant, know they will decorate your room. We had hearts and flowers, and flower petals on the bed. For our 25th we also received a lovely congratulatory letter from our butler and attendant, along with notes from the staff (we let them know before sailing on the information sheet that this was a celebratory anniversary cruise). The restaurants can do almost anything you desire, if you ask ahead of time...

Here are some pics of the room - of course this was the Voyager in 2006, so things have changed!

25th-VoyagerTA.jpg.980b49118bffe00284e31e3eec516f48.jpg

25th-VoyagerTA.2.jpg.c88485b4fc23e4aa7f45763d5f6d3224.jpg

TedC,

Thank you so much for your humor and congratulations.

Patty,

Thank you. We are not in a penthouse suite, but will give the GM a try. I am also excited to know that “Regent will have the answer.”

Ridolphi,

Thank you for your ideas on ordering a special flower arrangement to go along with a special meal in the CR or suite.

555lavan1t,

My wife loves to be out on the dance floor. The problem is I am a wall flower who will have to bite the bullet and take a bunch of lessons. I have two left feet and no rhythm, but I do have 7 months to work something out.

grapestake,

Thank you for your congratulations and your special dinner suggestion. I am most encouraged by the fact that if we ask Regent, they will make it happen. It doesn’t get any better than that.

TheWaywardTraveler,

Thank you for the pictures and your congratulations. The suite decorations idea works as well. And thanks for the head’s up on the pre-departure information sheet.

If anyone else out there in Cruise Critic land cares to share their ideas, they will be very much appreciated.

Thank you all again.

Be well.

Snackdaddy - I should have mentioned that the day we ordered the flowers for was a port day and the flowers were ordered from a local florist and brought to the ship. The front desk and Concierge handled it all, I gave them a price litmit and they kept well within it and as I said, the flower arrangement was spectacular, everyone commented on them and the couple loved having them in the suite for the rest of the trip.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and celebration.

Archived