Losing FCC OBC when price adjusting

Cruise, J.D.

Just a FYI. I used a Future Cruise Certificate for my cruise in July. I am booked under the Past Guest rate and I am before final payment. Since I've booked this cruise, the price has dropped three times and I've called to have the price adjusted.

The agent I spoke with today told me the OBC from the FCC was taken off my booking on the last price adjustment. According to her, the OBC is removed anytime you call and get a price adjustment. She had to submit the FCC form for me again.

This is a dumb glitch and the first and second agents never told me, so beware if you are under similar circumstances.

Just a FYI. I used a Future Cruise Certificate for my cruise in July. I am booked under the Past Guest rate and I am before final payment. Since I've booked this cruise, the price has dropped three times and I've called to have the price adjusted.

The agent I spoke with today told me the OBC from the FCC was taken off my booking on the last price adjustment. According to her, the OBC is removed anytime you call and get a price adjustment. She had to submit the FCC form for me again.

This is a dumb glitch and the first and second agents never told me, so beware if you are under similar circumstances.

Thanks for the heads up, but others have posted about this before. :) But it does help those who haven't seen those posts.

I don't think they readily see the OBC was from an FCC. An agent almost removed mine because she thought I earned it from an old promo that offered OBC. I explained to her that it was from my FCC, and she looked; where, I don't know, but she saw it, and she didn't remove it.

I have applied for 4 price reductions thru my TA and never had FCC taken away.:confused: Strange.

This has happened with a few of the 9 price drop requests I've sent in so far... FCC OBC disappears, then reappears, disappears again. I'll make sure to check it when we get closer to sailing.

If there is any question, it should be easy to figure out in my case: take the total cruise cost less the amount paid. The difference should be OBC from price drops. Add in FCC OBC plus shareholder OBC to get the correct OBC total. I'll contact Carnival just before sailing to make sure I have the correct amount of OBC.

Must be a common practice. We just used a FCC with Royal and they have a Manager re-apply the certificate to our booking each time we call. If we call on a Friday it is often not applied until Monday but it gets done.

I assume the folks who answer the phones don't have access to go in and manipulate the prices beyond applying the current rate.

As long as they give you the price drop, that's the main thing.:) Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up' date=' but others have posted about this before. :) But it does help those who haven't seen those posts.

I don't think they readily see the OBC was from an FCC. An agent almost removed mine because she thought I earned it from an old promo that offered OBC. I explained to her that it was from my FCC, and she looked; where, I don't know, but she saw it, and she didn't remove it.[/quote']

Ha, I should have searched. :) Not much gets past the posters here.

This is why when I submit my on-line price protection form, I always state, for example, "Please note that I currently have $250 in on board credit and shareholder credit, so please do not delete any of my OBC when applying the additional amount to my booking." So far, I've never had any OBC deleted.

I had my FCC OBC deleted last year from My Cruise Manager on the billing page, but when I checked my Cruise Docs, it was still there.

I'll have to try remember to "note" it like you did for price drops. I haven't requested my stockholder OBC yet because we're not sailing till January 2014. We do have the OBC on each of our B2B for booking onboard.

Archived